Pep - no signings coming in in January

A successor to Fernandinho is essential and has been so for some time. We got away with it last season as he missed few games, but any talk that his place can be covered by shuffling the squad is nonsense if we have to leave him out vs the top few teams, here or in Europe. We haven't really been in top gear this season and there are a number of reasons for this but when such a pivotal position isn't going to be covered in, possibly, some of our key games then it's worrying. In my mind, this is a problem Txiki has to sort out and fast. We have had plenty of time to see this coming but for some reason he works at snail's pace. Pep's comments that there will be no new signings in January suggest to me that our final position will be more of a gamble than it could be.

Pep and Txiki need to quit fucjfuc around and sign a player.

Like pronto. LB, RB, CDM or Striker. SomrSom. Anyone. Help me!!!!

We definitely need to sign a left back. Other teams must be looking at the area of the pitch knowing they can get at City. I don't believe we have a player in the squad who can play that position. Delph for the most part has done a good job covering Mendy, but I'd much rather see him cover Fernandinho. Pep will surely look to purchase another left back in the January window.

Kid's wish lists often push the boundaries of fantasy, bless'em , but even they wouldn't put "a big man up front"
on one. Imo, a fully firing Pep team get better mileage from an opposition corner. Very frustrating watching a string of crosses sailing over the heads of our midget forwards, basically a lateral version of hoof ball. It is a lack of options that's the problem, not a lump at the front. For corners we have plenty of height but the sheer numbers in the box means it's hit and hope so for me, short corners and a dribble/shot suit our talents best.

We definitely need to sign a left back. Other teams must be looking at the area of the pitch knowing they can get at City. I don't believe we have a player in the squad who can play that position. Delph for the most part has done a good job covering Mendy, but I'd much rather see him cover Fernandinho. Pep will surely look to purchase another left back in the January window.

Palace had 3 players around walker and kept hoofing it towards them hodgson new he was having a bas day so kept going down that side too

giphy.gif

Hahahahahaha :)

We have had some serious key injuries to players namely Spanish Dave Debruyne and Mendy and we're still well in with a shout for the title, replacing Fern isn't going to be easy but the old Dog has got life in him yet he's running some of the games he plays in. I'd stick with what we have until summer see how it pans out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.