Pep Revolution book by Marti Perarnau

You’re free to disagree, it won’t affect my day in any way, shape or form.

The rare online correct usage of affect vs effect. I was reading a paper recently about LLM (so AI chat like ChatGPT essentially) that stated that this was the number one grammatical mistake on the internet and was so prevalent that the bots themselves constantly make this mistake, as the data they are trained on has so many instances that it cannot "work out" which one is correct.

And arguing Pep didn't mess up the Chelsea CL line-up is a bit of an odd one considering he's said in later years that he messed up the Chelsea CL line-up. Maybe Pep Guardiola is a bad source for information on the feelings of Pep Guardiola though. That other guy seems pretty bright tbf

Midway through now. One thing that’s annoying me is that he gets things - basic things - wrong every now and then. One minute a player is out for months, the next he’s playing in the following game.

The (half-time) score being wrong on a few occasions. Goals being mis-described. All small points in an otherwise fascinating insightful book.

Enjoying it thus far.

I've spotted quite a few of these too and it has irked me. Even stuff like saying there's two games left of the PL season when they've played 37 games. Even Bernardo being noted as Bernard Silva at one point. Enjoying the book but for £16 I would expect it to have been proof-read.

I've spotted quite a few of these too and it has irked me. Even stuff like saying there's two games left of the PL season when they've played 37 games. Even Bernardo being noted as Bernard Silva at one point. Enjoying the book but for £16 I would expect it to have been proof-read.

I don’t mind spelling errors, put it down to being second language after it came out in his native language first.

But the general factual errors bug me, as you say.

The rare online correct usage of affect vs effect. I was reading a paper recently about LLM (so AI chat like ChatGPT essentially) that stated that this was the number one grammatical mistake on the internet and was so prevalent that the bots themselves constantly make this mistake, as the data they are trained on has so many instances that it cannot "work out" which one is correct.

And arguing Pep didn't mess up the Chelsea CL line-up is a bit of an odd one considering he's said in later years that he messed up the Chelsea CL line-up. Maybe Pep Guardiola is a bad source for information on the feelings of Pep Guardiola though. That other guy seems pretty bright tbf
RAVEN

Remember Affect is the Verb Effect is the Noun.

I’m actually struggling with this - I’m finding the writing style boring.

No issue with the occasional grammatical error as I certainly couldn’t write a book in Spanish but somehow he’s managing to make such an exciting period dull to read about.

Perhaps I misunderstood the nature of the book and that’s on me but I find it hard to be continually enthused at reading about 3+2 and then 3+3.

What is clear is that Pep lives a very intense life and having read most of the book now I’m amazed he has been able to go through this year on year - it’s stressful just reading about it even though we know it turns out brilliantly most of the time.

No issue with the occasional grammatical error as I certainly couldn’t write a book in Spanish but somehow he’s managing to make such an exciting period dull to read about.

Perhaps I misunderstood the nature of the book and that’s on me but I find it hard to be continually enthused at reading about 3+2 and then 3+3.

What is clear is that Pep lives a very intense life and having read most of the book now I’m amazed he has been able to go through this year on year - it’s stressful just reading about it even though we know it turns out brilliantly most of the time.
I’m eight years deep into Pep Confidential and I still haven’t finished it. It’s pretty fucking dull. Although I don’t generally read non fiction. I’m going to give this one a go though as I’m hoping it being about City might hold me more.

I was the opposite with Pep Confidential and the Evolution. Read them in next to no time. Just found the whole insight and obsession fascinating.

I haven't bought this one yet, and it's disappointing to hear there are factual errors as that's pivotal to the whole insight. I wouldn't have known those in the previous books, but when you're reading about a certain training session or big decision you question how true those elements are if he's getting bigger things wrong.

Will still probably buy it and blitz through it though!

The genius of Pep is clear for the majority of people, but I don't think our media will truly appreciate just how good he is and what he's achieved until he's left us.

Yes they were wank in comparison to our team at the time. Look how many points they finished behind us. Madrid were also wank. Stop talking shite.

I mean there's a middle ground. They weren't completely shite by any means. But we were the better side. It's indisputable to me that Pep made an error for that game and that was largely influenced by the fact we played them in the league and cup not long before it and so he tried to create a system and tactic he thought would counter their strengths and actually just played right into their hands.

It was immensely disappointing because we'd finally looked like we were just going to stick it to the opposition, picking a largely consistent team and style other than when Zinchenko came in due to injury. Then for the final he adapted, and I think for a team in its first final that's hardly a confidence booster telling people to do something different to what they did up to that point.

Fortunately he got it right against Inter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.