Pep Revolution book by Marti Perarnau

It's £12 in Sainsburys, I picked up a copy this morning and looking forward to reading it on holiday.

A couple of weeks earlier, when we played Chelsea in the league, Rodri was given the runaround by Mason Mount

But even besides that decision, our players froze that night
Wasn't that the game he had Torres and Sterling in midfield and Aguero missed the pen?

Just finished it - great read. Often had to stop and head for the match video to refresh my memory or have a look at the tactical points he discusses. His main interest is tactics and he has written other book that look at tactical innovations in football. So lots of discusssion about which version of 3+2 or 2+3 Pep is using and why certain decisions were taken - often after long discussions with assistants. It is clear that Pep loves John Stones - because he is so multifunctional, Foden because he is dynamic and Rico because he is the natural inverted full-back and is so quick to learn. There is much we know - in particular that the aim is to dominate midfield and create a free player who can then create danger. That Pep has become calmer, he has learnt to trust his players (most of the time) and he is always looking for the new ways to innovate - drawing of classical musical conductors, golf, chess grandmasters, - and that is part of what makes him so special - he has a well rounded view of the world -despite his obsession with winning football matches.

Midway through now. One thing that’s annoying me is that he gets things - basic things - wrong every now and then. One minute a player is out for months, the next he’s playing in the following game.

The (half-time) score being wrong on a few occasions. Goals being mis-described. All small points in an otherwise fascinating insightful book.

Enjoying it thus far.

Just finished it - great read. Often had to stop and head for the match video to refresh my memory or have a look at the tactical points he discusses. His main interest is tactics and he has written other book that look at tactical innovations in football. So lots of discusssion about which version of 3+2 or 2+3 Pep is using and why certain decisions were taken - often after long discussions with assistants. It is clear that Pep loves John Stones - because he is so multifunctional, Foden because he is dynamic and Rico because he is the natural inverted full-back and is so quick to learn. There is much we know - in particular that the aim is to dominate midfield and create a free player who can then create danger. That Pep has become calmer, he has learnt to trust his players (most of the time) and he is always looking for the new ways to innovate - drawing of classical musical conductors, golf, chess grandmasters, - and that is part of what makes him so special - he has a well rounded view of the world -despite his obsession with winning football matches.
Yeah but does he even know who invented the lightbulb?

Yeah well people from Manchester that supported the club pre-Mansour often feel bitter but you wouldn’t get it Indonesian blue, member since November 2021.

It was a bad error by Pep and it will never sit well, but he gets more right than wrong.
What has where someone comes from or how long they have supported City got to do with anything? His/her opinion is a reasonable one. It seems to me (been going to matches since 1972) that whilst obviously the line ul was a complete balks up it wasn't the only reason we lost. We just didn't play well, Chelsea were set up tactically very well znd our big players didn't pull it out of the bag.....and we had a bit of bad luck.
As for Chelsea bring so wank........don't get silly. Not as good as us overall by dome way but perfect yly capable on z hood day of beating us as they did a few times that season. Just get over it mate

Just started it. Already had a chuckle at Pep saying the two players he was told about prior to joining were Fernandinho being a great, versatile player and that Txiki “raved” about Fernando. Yes, Fernando. Fucking hell Txiki.
Wasn't his nickname The Octopus?

What has where someone comes from or how long they have supported City got to do with anything? His/her opinion is a reasonable one. It seems to me (been going to matches since 1972) that whilst obviously the line ul was a complete balks up it wasn't the only reason we lost. We just didn't play well, Chelsea were set up tactically very well znd our big players didn't pull it out of the bag.....and we had a bit of bad luck.
As for Chelsea bring so wank........don't get silly. Not as good as us overall by dome way but perfect yly capable on z hood day of beating us as they did a few times that season. Just get over it mate
To answer your first question, everything.

You’re free to disagree, it won’t affect my day in any way, shape or form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.