Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

I've understood every word. I understand exactly why we boo UEFA, in fact I could probably point some people who boo UEFA, to stuff they don't know anout UEFA which would give them even more reason to boo UEFA

I have booed the shit out of UEFA & am happy to continue doing so. But, 1: I'm not deluded enough to believe it makes the slightest difference nor willing to bullshit to myself that I'm actually doing my best to fight them by booing for 30 secs, I could do much more but can't he arsed, same as pretty much everyone else, so I boo as a lazy, token, insignificant self indulgent protest. Not because I think I'm doing a public service.

2: Pep Guardiola has asked me to stop. So I'm stopping

3: If he changs his mind, I'll boo it again. For my own satisfaction. Just like everyone else has been doing.

"What did you do in the war Grandad ?" " I booed the shit out of the German anthem lad"

"Oh Grandad, you're a hero".

Nev, For one moment ignore the fact that Pep has asked you to stop. You say it has not made one bit of difference - it is that I don't get. The media, both TV and the press have picked up ont it. It has helped highlight a bent organisation. We are only a small part of a protest against greed and corruption but if we have helpedto get a reaction, to make people think and ask why Gill is art of so many powerful organisations then we have achieved something.
It is certainly better than ignoring it all.

Happening already. There's people who can afford the rising costs of season tickets and then pick and choose which games they go to. Just look at the ticket threads on here. You'll see loads of tickets going for the unglamorous games, but hardly any for Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs etc.
Malg your statement on season ticket holders is a broad damning sweep. I can afford, try and go to as many as I can, however now live outside of Manchester, have a job which dictates availability, 2 teenage sons who also have other sporting commitments on the weekend.As nobody has snapped up my 4 Colin bell level 1 tickets on ticket exchange, there will be 4 empty seats because priorities in life dictate today I can't be there. Life would be much easier if there was a constant ie Saturday 3pm kick off every week.
Really irritating when fans come out with shot like you have done regarding season ticket holders.
I did manage both CL games last week as it was doable despite the cost and distance. That count as a glory hunter or proper fan.

Malg your statement on season ticket holders is a broad damning sweep. I can afford, try and go to as many as I can, however now live outside of Manchester, have a job which dictates availability, 2 teenage sons who also have other sporting commitments on the weekend.As nobody has snapped up my 4 Colin bell level 1 tickets on ticket exchange, there will be 4 empty seats because priorities in life dictate today I can't be there. Life would be much easier if there was a constant ie Saturday 3pm kick off every week.
Really irritating when fans come out with shot like you have done regarding season ticket holders.
I did manage both CL games last week as it was doable despite the cost and distance. That count as a glory hunter or proper fan.

I dont know why you feel you have to justify yourself mate i really dont.

Its nobodies business what you can or cant afford, what you do with your tickets when not attending or what games you do go to or miss.

Far too many on here thinking they have the right to make comment of things like this and its frankly bollox.

I dont know why you feel you have to justify yourself mate i really dont.

Its nobodies business what you can or cant afford, what you do with your tickets when not attending or what games you do go to or miss.

Far too many on here thinking they have the right to make comment of things like this and its frankly bollox.
Just pisses me off

Nev, For one moment ignore the fact that Pep has asked you to stop. You say it has not made one bit of difference - it is that I don't get. The media, both TV and the press have picked up ont it. It has helped highlight a bent organisation. We are only a small part of a protest against greed and corruption but if we have helpedto get a reaction, to make people think and ask why Gill is art of so many powerful organisations then we have achieved something.
It is certainly better than ignoring it all.

It peaked a bit of interest mainly when that tit from Iceland tried to sanction us. At the time I thought, 'we are making a difference, UEFA are scared' then I realsied it was that incident which created the most news. Fans of other clubs suddenly cared. But actually, it was just a procedural fuckup by the Icelandic bloke & UEFA just said 'nah folks yr ok carry on'. Then they have just gone on with their merry web of shameless corruption without even a breath. The stuff they are attempting now, is even worse & you can guarantee they have even more up their sleeves.

The latest publicity re us booing the anthem is down to Pep mentioning it. Nobody gave a fuck until he said that.

If we want to protest we should do it properly but I'm too lazy & half arsed to organise it.

I think it would be fantastic if we all shouted 'City' over their anthem. No less efrective than the booing, much louder & a great kick off to the atmosphere. But some folks really think the whole of europe is interested in the booing sound.

The only reason it will get a mention next time is the media saying it's fans doing it in defiance of Pep. Seems some are going to sail straight into that.

I've understood every word. I understand exactly why we boo UEFA, in fact I could probably point some people who boo UEFA, to stuff they don't know anout UEFA which would give them even more reason to boo UEFA

I have booed the shit out of UEFA & am happy to continue doing so. But, 1: I'm not deluded enough to believe it makes the slightest difference nor willing to bullshit to myself that I'm actually doing my best to fight them by booing for 30 secs, I could do much more but can't he arsed, same as pretty much everyone else, so I boo as a lazy, token, insignificant self indulgent protest. Not because I think I'm doing a public service.

2: Pep Guardiola has asked me to stop. So I'm stopping

3: If he changs his mind, I'll boo it again. For my own satisfaction. Just like everyone else has been doing.

"What did you do in the war Grandad ?" " I booed the shit out of the German anthem lad"

"Oh Grandad, you're a hero".

Haha great post

M8 the reason I don't buy a season ticket is because I can't make it to every game, it's a waste of money besides anything else. but I am also wary of the rows of empty seats on small games that some one on here did an analysis on, it's not good for the club, and I honestly that the German model of miss two games on the run and you lose your season ticket... Or something like that.

I do think, if you can't attend then don't buy them. That is of course if you are missing a lot of them

Ignore my earlier posts, CL games will now have one more fan booing. Just tried to book my seat for the Barca game after receiving an e mail saying that my 'Window' was open today. Told by the booking office that it had gone. I didn't realise that this year your window to book your seat did not include a period where your normal PL seat was held for you when you are not on a cup scheme. I argued my case and the ticket agent argued hers just as strongly but its clear that she can only do what the 'System' lets her do. To summarise the argument the Club have to make certain seats in level 1 east stand available to UEFA's whim which will result in fans normally in them being bumped out. They are reallocated seats as near as possible to their normal ones. These can include seats normally occupied by season ticket holders not on the cup scheme. My seat might also have been taken by another in my position who got on the computer earlier than I did. So not happy all round but one point that really incensed me was when I said that I was dubious about some of her explanation. In the last two CL games there has been a lot of fans around me who I originally thought were away fans and didn't understand why there were so many when there was space in the away end. During the conversation today I started to think were these fans there as a result of the UEFA request so asked if these were getting priority over season ticket holders this was denied. I then asked at the end of our conversation if she had the facility for adding feedback to the club to pass on my frustration. She said she had and that this would be done. As I was sceptical about the sporting affiliations of so many people around me in the two previous games I told her that I would be speaking to the people in my normal seat and that if their primary residence was not in the UK I would be contacting the club. To this she said she would add to the feedback that I would not be happy if non British people were in my seat! At this point I very nearly exploded but I controlled myself and said that is not what I said, to which she insisted it was! To me there is a clear difference in the two statements. One says I am cynical about your suggestion that season ticket fans who are more committed to the club have my seat. The other one says that you have a racist attitude.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.