Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

How the fuck anyone can interpret any of my posts as saying we should 'stand down' is fucking beyond me.
Maybe you should revisit your recent posts mate, its how they come across to me. No sweat though, each to their own, but I've got a burning hatred for what UEFA/G14 have done to try & strangle Sheikh Mansour's Manchester City at birth. Sheikh Mansour can't be seen to be getting his mitts dirty with this, so I'll gladly be his proxy duellist!!!

Dribble vs Gill....... my doughs on me!!! :-)

Maybe you should revisit your recent posts mate, its how they come across to me. No sweat though, each to their own, but I've got a burning hatred for what UEFA/G14 have done to strangle Sheikh Mansour's Manchester City at birth. Sheikh Mansour can't be seen to be getting his mitts dirty with this, so I'll gladly be his proxy duellist!!!

Dribble vs Gill....... my doughs on me!!! :-)

I've said the booing is ineffective, Pep wants us to stop & we should protest properly instead & shout City over their jingle so as to drown it out & back Pep & the team.

How that is translated as giving up I've no idea.

I've said the booing is ineffective, Pep wants us to stop & we should protest properly instead & shout City over their jingle so as to drown it out & back Pep & the team.

How that is translated as giving up I've no idea.
Booing has got us this far so booing or chanting City, City in this particular context.... what's the difference mate?

Are you saying you're up for vocal insurgency but just want to swap boos for chants of City because Pep has asked us to do so? As I understand it, Pep has asked us to stop our insurgency altogether NOT to swap it for something else, so what's your take on this?

Sadly had to leave on the 85th mark to hand back a season card, was a lot easier to make contact that way but it still seems to take a while to get out using the metrolink despite leaving a tad earlier.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pep's at it again. ;-)

Trying to change the terrace/early leaving culture.
Not going to critcize fans who left early today, as I've left early myself in the past. But perhaps bit by bit more fans will or may decide to stay to applaud the players after the final whistle?

That aside. Get performance fron the team. And great support from the terraces once again. Well done everyone. :-)

Booing has got us this far so booing or chanting City, City in this particular context.... what's the difference mate?

Are you saying you're up for vocal insurgency but just want to swap boos for chants of City because Pep has asked us to do so? As I understand it, Pep has asked us to stop our insurgency altogether NOT to swap it for something else, so what's your take on this?

He wants us to turn up & support the team in the competition & be as keen to win it as he is, so far as I can tell. I think he sees the booing of the anthem as us being negative & wants positivity so people are more enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Drowning it out by supporting City isn't negative. If he can't handle that, he's a right softarse.

There's an often reported description which says 'City fans have never really bought into the Champions League' & it's true & it's a 2nd competition to the Prem as far as we are concerned. I think he wants us to embrace it & get stuck in 100% & win it.

Shouting support of our team over their jingle does both jobs imo & keeps him happy.

We should try to think up other ways of getting on UEFA's case imo.

He wants us to turn up & support the team in the competition & be as keen to win it as he is, so far as I can tell. I think he sees the booing of the anthem as us being negative & wants positivity so people are more enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Drowning it out by supporting City isn't negative. If he can't handle that, he's a right softarse.

There's an often reported description which says 'City fans have never really bought into the Champions League' & it's true & it's a 2nd competition to the Prem as far as we are concerned. I think he wants us to embrace it & get stuck in 100% & win it.

Shouting support of our team over their jingle does both jobs imo & keeps him happy.

We should try to think up other ways of getting on UEFA's case imo.
And that's what it's all about opinions, and many of us see it different. If you choose to chant City and the rest of us opt to boo I see no issue with that as its a personal preference. What I don't agree with is where you see a difference between booing and chanting City. Whichever one you choose, the underlying reason for drowning out the UEFA/G14 'Theme Tune' is to voice our derision toward them for their crooked treatment of us wouldn't you agree?

You mentioned what Pep wanted, but from looking at Pep's interview he was quite clear he wanted the disruption stopped altogether not replace with another form of disruption. Again I totally disagree that not booing for 30 seconds and then balling our lungs out for 90 minutes in support of our team is going to give our team any more of an advantage than if we booed for 30 seconds first would you agree with that?

Also are you making a clear distinction between booing for 3 seconds as opposed to chanting City for 30 seconds?

Are you saying one is more of an advantage to our players and the other slightly disadvantages them?

Would you agree that Pep wants neither disruption?

If you have used Pep's request for us to desist from the disruptions altogether as an example for us to stop booing, why have you suggested we replace it with chanting City? Is this also not against Pep's wishes?

I agree that most City fans see the PL as the priority as the group stages of the CL generally throw up the same ole teams year after year or teams who don't capture the imagination of our loyal but hard pressed support. With this being the case for most fans for the group stages in the CL as I see it, would you agree we are no different to other club's supporters?

Also do you agree or disagree that the majority of our small indifference toward the CL is based on our ruthless treatment at the hands of UEFA/G14 rather than because we're just not that arsed about the competition?

Paul Lake was on GMR after the game and said the atmosphere was flat in the second half. Personally I thought it was a fairly good atmosphere today. Went a bit quieter after the substitutions but definitely wouldn't say it was flat. We've still got a long way to go atmosphere wise but we're taking small steps. I was a bit surprised by his comments, perhaps it's something to do with where the Press sit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.