Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Pam, how many Prem grounds have you experienced first hand to come to that conclusion.

And how many of those take at least an hour to get off the club car park every time if you don't leg it with a couple of minutes to go, every game and even when a game is called off?
We could get rid of that excuse(which is valid to an extent but I imagine when that many people are leaving early you're not getting out much quicker anyway because loads of people have the same idea) along with getting extra fans to games who are put off by public transport for cup games, put coaches on from Manchester central to and from the ground, extra carriages for trains on match days, make less excuses for "needing" to take the car for the majority.

Last edited:
I wonder, has he been told by somebody at the club to say something like this?

A lot of our fans are completely in love with him already, maybe he/the club know that and so this may actually be very clever of him to come out and say this because people won't wanna disappoint him!

I think it's more than likely he will have been told to say it.

I wonder, has he been told by somebody at the club to say something like this?

A lot of our fans are completely in love with him already, maybe he/the club know that and so this may actually be very clever of him to come out and say this because people won't wanna disappoint him!

I think the club told him what to say on Tuesday based on the top tier south stand being closed because of poor sales. The match was called off and somebody decided it should still be said. To me it was poorly judged.
I also would love to knwo why thye are now changing their tune about us booing. It was fine last year it seems a calculated move. We would not have listened last year bit if Pep says it we will listem now ?

We could get rid of that excuse along(which is valid to an extent but when that many people are leaving early you're not getting out much quicker anyway) with getting extra fans to games who are put off by public transport, put coaches on from manchester central to and from the ground, extra carriages for trains on match days, make less excuses for "needing" to take the car.

You've touched on another point there - that many people are leaving early you're losing the advantage. So the alternative is not to bother at all, which many aren't.

Our fan base isn't that big that when we have three games a week most weeks when people pick and chose there aren't people willing to take up the slack. That said, for me personally it's the time involved mainly because of the traffic, that's making the mid week games a ball ache. I'll carry on for now but when I decide enough is enough, it's the CL that'll be the first to go.

If it takes hours to get out of the club car park why would anyone park there?

I park about a mile away have a nice walk and get away no problem.

Always stay to the end and bemused at what on earth people are doing. As Sunderland sang....is there a fire alarm?

We can come up with excuses forever for non attendance crap atmosphere and buggering off early but at the end of the day Pep has a point. Stop moaning and get behind the best City team we have ever seen.

I think a lot of people will change their attitude a bit after what Pep said. I hope so. We had the reputation of being fantastic fans, at the moment that's miles from the truth but I believe it will change under Pep and the moaners will dwindle as they slowly become extinct.

Need to sing words to the tune - which is by Handle so pretty good...

Ce sont les meilleures équipes
Es sind die allerbesten Mannschaften
The main event

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

Une grande réunion
Eine grosse sportliche Veranstaltung
The main event

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

Ils sont les meilleurs
Sie sind die Besten
These are the champions

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

The chorus should be something like:

Dis-Honest,
Thieves, Robbers,
Corrupt and Duplicitous,
U-EFA

If it takes hours to get out of the club car park why would anyone park there?

I park about a mile away have a nice walk and get away no problem.

Always stay to the end and bemused at what on earth people are doing. As Sunderland sang....is there a fire alarm?

We can come up with excuses forever for non attendance crap atmosphere and buggering off early but at the end of the day Pep has a point. Stop moaning and get behind the best City team we have ever seen.

I think a lot of people will change their attitude a bit after what Pep said. I hope so. We had the reputation of being fantastic fans, at the moment that's miles from the truth but I believe it will change under Pep and the moaners will dwindle as they slowly become extinct.
This.

You've touched on another point there - that many people are leaving early you're losing the advantage. So the alternative is not to bother at all, which many aren't.

Our fan base isn't that big that when we have three games a week most weeks when people pick and chose there aren't people willing to take up the slack. That said, for me personally it's the time involved mainly because of the traffic, that's making the mid week games a ball ache. I'll carry on for now but when I decide enough is enough, it's the CL that'll be the first to go.
The thing is though I'm sure people here go to supporters clubs who have a direct line of communication with the club. So if it is a case of the fans needing help from the club to make weeknights less stressful they should be telling them, though that would mean if the club puts the effort in to try and sort it and work with the fans there can be no more excuses if we're seeing the same problems. I admit I've no idea if this would cost a bomb over the year to implement or not so I may be talking rubbish that it would be that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.