Pep vs Klopp argument

People do realise that tabloid outlets like Talksport intentionally post incendiary nonsense just so people click, comment, share and give them airtime and ad revenue, right?

It's a game, don't play it.

Same with the below the line comments dumpster fire on the likes of the MEN and Daily Mail. It earns them money.

So Simon Jordan has been on again (although i think this might be a re-purpose of his spouting off in December) about Klopp being a better manager than Pep (https://talksport.com/football/1708733/simon-jordan-jurgen-klopp-best-manager-pep-guardiola/). I tire of this drivel, it's obviously not out of the realms of possibility that Klopp is better, but the arguments are always the same: If Klopp had the same resources as Pep he would have done better but not if Pep was in Klopp's shoes.

Now i can't deny that Klopp gets the maximum out of players, just look how he managed to get Jordan Henderson into a POTY award ffs. Would he win everything with the same resources as Pep? Probably, yeah. But i think Klopp's methods are really specific, i don't think he would have had the impact on the English game like Pep has had. It's undeniable what Pep has done for the game in general, not just in UK where you see even grassroots trying to use some of his philosophy, but world football where you see teams in African nations now playing out of the back. Klopp and Liverpool did amazingly to keep up with City in those tight races, and obviously bested us as well, but it wasn't because Pep just hoovered up all the great talent (like Bayern does btw, but Klopp never mentions that).

But my main argument against what Jordan and his cronies say is, Pep turned Delph into a left back and we did 100 points, he turned a number 10 in Zinchenko, into a coveted lb who won us titles in amazing fashion. He took Rodri out of a defensive team in Spain where he was seen to have some potential but not elite, and made him into the best in his position in the world (like he did with Basquets). So is it reasonable to believe that Pep could have made VVD into the best CB in the world, Alison into the best GK in the world, Salah, Mane & Firmino into an attacking force scoring goals at will? What do you fucking think?!
If you are tired, just rest, not read. That's much better for your health, really.

Is there an argument? (Jordan?!)

Klopp has won 6 trophies as Liverpool manager.
Pep has won 16 trophies as City manager.

It’s not just that Pep has won nearly 3 times as many trophies as Klopp, it’s doing the Treble, winning 3 PL titles on the run, 4 Carabao Cups on the run, an English Treble and Quadruple in 1 season, 5 trophies in 1 calaender year, and for good measure 100 PL points, as well as numerous other achievements and records as City manager.

Jordan is a dick. And a Klopp and Liverpool loving dick.

Klopp isn’t at the same level as Pep, that’s an undeniable fact.. Money has nowt to do with it, the dippers have spent shed loads of it..
I’ve not seen Klopperty improve one single player either …

Ask any other fan apart from the victims and there is only one man they would choose to be their next gaffer.. it ain’t Klopp…!

He’s the best of the rest, I will give him that but that’s where the comparison ends.. !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.