Pep wants a delayed start for City next season

After listening to Pep's press conference I was convinced he's stepping down. Now he says this in the embargoed bit, the little tease! At the very least I now think he's staying within the club, although I'm hoping for a triple announcement of pep, wirtz and musiala on the day we make it 5 in a row.

Football needs a rethink on games but there are now too many fingers in the pie to get them all to sit down and compromise. In many ways, FIFA has trodden on the toes of domestic leagues with its new format. What's the answer? Bigger squads? Even more allowed substitutes? Quarterly rest periods? Half time shows and novelty nacho cheese hats, creating games that last a full day with only short bursts of action? More merchandising opportunities? Or limiting players to a number of games they can play based on sound medical guidance, and accepting that either everyone has a smaller piece of pie or someone leaves the party?

Says something when even fans, including me who has been football mad since the 80s, match going and fiercely loyal to my club, are thinking that this is just too much football. I love the idea of city playing new and different teams, but i don't really want to watch us play another ten or twenty games per season. Too much of a good thing can spoil it. But, hey, it was unlikely I was going to buy the sixth kit or the VIP meal and match upgrade for three random games in Seattle, so I'm not the target audience I guess. But football should be a special occasion, not watered down like a cheap bud.

I hope fellow teams can get over their rivalry and realise that it may affect them too, not just see this as another chance to topple city. But I don't think the premier league will feel like doing us many favours right now if rumours are to be believed that they've been handed their arses in the hearing.

It's inevitable otherwise that one competition will become the new Carabao equivalent, b teams and all.

Mard arse bacon chops pulled his tramp team out of the fa cup in the past and there were significantly fewer games back then. But, the precedent is set. If they let United do it, they'd be ok with City doing it too, right?

Last edited:
exactly :)

the language he uses is what is interesting...

"The Premier League has not allowed us to postpone the first two games for our recovery," said Guardiola. "Thank you so much."
(= us & our)

"They won't postpone these games so there will be a moment of 'what do we do?'" added Guardiola.
(= we)
We only have two options. Either Pep let's us in through a side door to invade the stadium or someone leaves a fake bomb in the South Stand toilets.

The red yank cartel owners have had games in yanksville on their agenda from day one, and this is the thin end of the wedgie for another slice of americanisation of our game.

They are THE clear and present danger.

Once Pandora's box is open, regular league /CL/cup games will be the norm within 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.