Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
Neville Kneville said:
Mad 4 It said:

We have every intention of building on youth, particularly our own, hence signing some players who can help them.

It would be great to find a world class young centre back for the squad, but anyone who thinks we have a better chance getting a result in the Nou Camp with Nastasic rather than Pepe, is off their heads.

Likewise, there are few, if any, teams in history who won titles with a 20 year old centre back. With young players in general, it usually goes pear shaped & they get benched for a while & then slowly brought back in. Even better ones than Nastasic.

It's the quality of the experienced players around them, that keeps them on track & makes it easier to recover when it happens.

Bang on. This isn't about bringing in someone to bench Nastasic, it's about having a good blend of experience, top to bottom, for the benefit of everyone. Kompany should *not* be our most experienced centre half, because quite simply at 27 he's not even that experienced. Kolo is gone, Lescott is potentially going - we need someone at the top end. Our team in general seems to be seriously lacking in street smarts to be honest.
So we sign Pepe?

a thug is a bit harsh... mind you if he get stuck into a few from the evil side.. i wont mind..i like him. he will be good for cl.games and good back up price around 12-15 mill.. Think i read he is on 3.5 mil euros a year so 4 or 5 mill euros... based on bonus he will be cheap

Got my shirt already ...

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.google.com/search?q=pepe+le+pew+in+blue&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS527US527&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7bvOUYmIBoX88gTvs4CABg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=m2bG98eoowo4MM%3A%3B4cx4CRu6wRdCaM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Frlv.zcache.com%252Fpepe_le_pew_standing_tall_tshirts-r642ae2e382974fdca9c8c68fb12009eb_804g5_512.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.zazzle.com%252Fpepe_le_pew_standing_tall_tshirts-235112946901754983%3B512%3B512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.google.com/search?q=pepe+le ... B512%3B512</a>

alky313 said:
adrianr said:
Neville Kneville said:
We have every intention of building on youth, particularly our own, hence signing some players who can help them.

It would be great to find a world class young centre back for the squad, but anyone who thinks we have a better chance getting a result in the Nou Camp with Nastasic rather than Pepe, is off their heads.

Likewise, there are few, if any, teams in history who won titles with a 20 year old centre back. With young players in general, it usually goes pear shaped & they get benched for a while & then slowly brought back in. Even better ones than Nastasic.

It's the quality of the experienced players around them, that keeps them on track & makes it easier to recover when it happens.

Bang on. This isn't about bringing in someone to bench Nastasic, it's about having a good blend of experience, top to bottom, for the benefit of everyone. Kompany should *not* be our most experienced centre half, because quite simply at 27 he's not even that experienced. Kolo is gone, Lescott is potentially going - we need someone at the top end. Our team in general seems to be seriously lacking in street smarts to be honest.
So we sign Pepe?

It doesn't have to be Pepe, I'm just taking issue with posters who are saying we should be signing Marquinhos or Zouma instead. We already have a wonder kid, and potentially another coming through in Rekik. Funnily enough those championing the idea of Zouma etc are also those saying Pepe will stunt the growth of Nastasic, when it would in fact be those same youngsters fighting for the 'talented but inexperienced' slot in the side (Of which we clearly have to limit or we'de have, as I've said, a lot of very talented but inexperienced kids, which will win us precisely nothing).

The last area of the team that needs strengthening is central defence. And only then if Lescott wants to go. But Pepe for £20m - my goodness - If we sign him for any more than £7.5m then Txiki needs his bumps feeling.

Huge concerns over his temperament too.

No. Just no.

BlueAnorak said:
The last area of the team that needs strengthening is central defence. And only then if Lescott wants to go. But for £20m - my goodness - If we sign him for any more than £7.5m then Txiki needs his bumps feeling.

No. Just no.

I suspect Lescott is going. I have a feeling Txiki has is finger on the pulse and has slightly more insight into transfer dealings than you

BlueAnorak said:
The last area of the team that needs strengthening is central defence. And only then if Lescott wants to go. But for £20m - my goodness - If we sign him for any more than £7.5m then Txiki needs his bumps feeling.

No. Just no.

Completely agree, he will lose his cool and will be a liability, never liked the guy, not interested.

Ben888 said:
BlueAnorak said:

No. Just no.

Completely agree, he will lose his cool and will be a liability, never liked the guy, not interested.

Could you give me winning lottery numbers for tonight please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.