Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF we did have talks with him, I would imagine he'd want some assurance of first team football - I can't see him being happy to play second fiddle to Nasty.

There was a headline from a Newspaper about a year ago, can't remember which one, "The problem with Pepe, is that he's just not good enough".

How correct that headline was/is. His defensive qualities are outweighed by his gerneral bad attitude. Look at the fuss he kicked up because he feel behind Varane for Madrid. What's he gonna be like playing behind Kompany and Nastasic?

Another CB is required, but the money that is being quoted is far to much for someone who was never really that good

Train said:
Caveman said:
Mad 4 It said:
Would prefer us to go all out for Marquinhos
Even Ogbonna from Torino.

Or Kurt Zouma of St Etienne.

And not a single one of them would bring what we want Pepe for. Consistent experience at the highest level. We really can't have a team of promising kids.

adrianr said:
Train said:
Caveman said:

And not a single one of them would bring what we want Pepe for. Consistent experience at the highest level. We really can't have a team of promising kids.
Kompany is 27, Ogbonna is 25, Nastasić is 20. That's a good range.

I get what you're saying about experience at the top level, but you get that with playing games. I don't see the need in playing someone over Nastasić, denying Nasty of gaining the experience.

We haven't been so bad defensively in Europe, it's been the slowness and at times ineptness at the top level of the defensive central midfield that's been the problem.

adrianr said:
Train said:
Caveman said:

Yeah coz Marquinhos been shit for Roma as has nasty for us. Disagree mate

Need to be encouraging young players like Nastastic who was excellent and part of the best defence in the league. Then there is Rekik if we sign a 30 year old (yes who is very good) what does that say to our younger players? We have made two excellent signings so far but Navas 27 and Fernandiniho 28 we need to blend experience and youth. Adding to the fact our new remit is to bring in young players with a sell on value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.