Pep's assistant | Juanma Lillo

I hope all our ex-players go on to have good careers elsewhere and only come to City if they really are good enough and are exactly what we need.

I don’t like the idea of ex-players coming back to the club just because they are ex-players. It’s what started the downward spiral at Liverpool with Souness and Evans etc. through the 90s and with United having ex-players in the background all last decade and eventually having Solskjaer as coach.

I think it’s the wrong way to go about things.
Cryuff, Guardiola,Enrique and now Xavi have all done pretty well at Barca.
Zidane didn't flop at Real.
Tony Book was our best manager between Mercer and Mancini.
If the player is good I have no objections. I think the problem comes when the move is by an owner/board who is looking to appease the fans with someone popular.

I hope all our ex-players go on to have good careers elsewhere and only come to City if they really are good enough and are exactly what we need.

I don’t like the idea of ex-players coming back to the club just because they are ex-players. It’s what started the downward spiral at Liverpool with Souness and Evans etc. through the 90s and with United having ex-players in the background all last decade and eventually
having Solskjaer as coach.

I think it’s the wrong way to go about things.
Ollie was good - for every PL club bar the Rags.

fuck me i didn't realise he was only 5yrs older than pep, he must have had an hard life but i'm glad he's found his way back

Finally, someone brave enough to tell Pep when to make subs. The bald fraud can't be trusted on these matters.

/s

Brilliant for us. Hopefully better set pieces in opposition box. He’ll no doubt help Pep figure out new solutions to our attack too

Cryuff, Guardiola,Enrique and now Xavi have all done pretty well at Barca.
Zidane didn't flop at Real.
Tony Book was our best manager between Mercer and Mancini.
If the player is good I have no objections. I think the problem comes when the move is by an owner/board who is looking to appease the fans with someone popular.
Liverpool's dominant 80s could be chalked up as much to their continuity as much as the decline in the 90s. There's arguments for and against.

One thing for clear is that Solskjær was obviously out of his depth from day one and whoever kept him in post for as long as they did doesn't have to buy a round in any pub I am in.

Liverpool's dominant 80s could be chalked up as much to their continuity as much as the decline in the 90s. There's arguments for and against.

One thing for clear is that Solskjær was obviously out of his depth from day one and whoever kept him in post for as long as they did doesn't have to buy a round in any pub I am in.
Actually from day one Solskjaer was pretty successful, for Utd that was the problem, he was so good for the first three months or so that they made the appointment permanent.
No matter he was not the right manager for them and didn't have a track record in England.
As assistants and helping former players don't have a terrible track record.
If you take the three dominant managers in the first fifteen years or so of the premier league.
Ferguson won the treble with Kidd and lately did well with Phelan. Wenger had Rice for his successful spell and Mourinho had Clarke.
We even had Kidd as part of the coaching structure.
I am not suggesting that former players should be appointed willy nilly but I wouldn't reject one in the coaching structure who is unproven if Pep or simply thought they had the right credentials.

Fucking brilliant news. Pep's a genius, but he's at his best when he has someone next to him who will give it back to him if it's not going right. As much as I liked Rodolfo and maresca, they always just looked like pep was talking at them, whilst lillo looked like he was bollocking pep nonstop.

Plus he seems to play good cop with a lot of the players.
Lillo is highly respected by Pep for his vision, knowledge and hard work. Great move this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.