Pep's assistant | Juanma Lillo

Has he changed his opinions of positional play then? He did an article for the athletic after the World Cup saying he regrets promoting this way of playing, that he doesn’t like it when the system is king and he wants it to be the players’ individuality that finds the solutions on the pitch. Very weird to write an article of all your regrets surrounding this style of play to then return to it so soon. Maybe I’m missing something.

Pep has changed the way we have played about 3 times since he arrived. That's what's kept us at the top.

City will have a plan....they have short,medium and long term plans for everything and everyone.

Who ever replaces Pep will be a full disciple of the clubs football etho.

The club will be fully cognisant of the failed decisions of other clubs and will probably have a consultancy working on every scenario as we speak,it's what they do !!

He or she will be the same but different but will come from a small pool of 3/4 max.

Pep is a complex,restless character but he seems to relish to challenge of beating the anti City establishment.

He is an anti authoritarian and a rebel and he loves City,Manchester and Mancunians.

He got life left in him as head coach at City and then later as a global ambassador.

Viva Josep.
However big or small the pool, it will be 100% masculine.

Or maybe he balances pep out? We need to be fluid and have different quivers to our bow.
We have already become much more fleixible because of Haaland. We even looked like we were playing 442 in some of the pre-season matches, or at least for periods of matches. We are certainly more direct than we used to be. Lillo could be perfect at this point in our development. Pep never stands still.

Finally, still one more can come unless Carlos Vicens is stepping up. Would want one guy just to shout at 4th ref and berate the ref and asking for VAR reviews when it suits us. :)

Pep has changed the way we have played about 3 times since he arrived. That's what's kept us at the top.
But I dont think he has moved away from the principles of positional play, regardless of whether the formations/personnel have changed.

Most important signing of the window for me. It can't be underestimated the positive influence this guy has on Pep. They are brothers in arms.

Maybe, just maybe, this might get us an additional year or two from Pep.
I totally agree. Pep is so intense and absorbed that he needs a top assistant who he trusts and who can temper him slightly. This is a very significant signing for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.