Pep's assistant | Juanma Lillo

Has he changed his opinions of positional play then? He did an article for the athletic after the World Cup saying he regrets promoting this way of playing, that he doesn’t like it when the system is king and he wants it to be the players’ individuality that finds the solutions on the pitch. Very weird to write an article of all your regrets surrounding this style of play to then return to it so soon. Maybe I’m missing something.

Fucking brilliant news. Pep's a genius, but he's at his best when he has someone next to him who will give it back to him if it's not going right. As much as I liked Rodolfo and maresca, they always just looked like pep was talking at them, whilst lillo looked like he was bollocking pep nonstop.

Plus he seems to play good cop with a lot of the players.
Spot on. Maybe Cole is staying now :)

Has he changed his opinions of positional play then? He did an article for the athletic after the World Cup saying he regrets promoting this way of playing, that he doesn’t like it when the system is king and he wants it to be the players’ individuality that finds the solutions on the pitch. Very weird to write an article of all your regrets surrounding this style of play to then return to it so soon. Maybe I’m missing something.

Or maybe he balances pep out? We need to be fluid and have different quivers to our bow.

I hope all our ex-players go on to have good careers elsewhere and only come to City if they really are good enough and are exactly what we need.

I don’t like the idea of ex-players coming back to the club just because they are ex-players. It’s what started the downward spiral at Liverpool with Souness and Evans etc. through the 90s and with United having ex-players in the background all last decade and eventually having Solskjaer as coach.

I think it’s the wrong way to go about things.
Conversely, Paisley, Fagan & Dalglish would suggest it can be the right way to go about things, so it actually started their period of success, as well as ending it with Souness & Evans

The ‘Boot Room’ certainly served them well in the 70s & 80s mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.