Pep's contract situation

I imagine next one would be like Pellegrini, steady pair of hands, good man manager, some attractive style, but not necessarily some crazy tactician(de Zerbi, Xabi Alonso etc), likely wouldnt win titles in a row, but could manage the huge hole left by Pep temporarily.

losing the Pep factor is huge, lots of players had another choices when signed for us and many decided based on the Pep factor. its harder to sign top players, harder to retain them as well without Pep.

I bet many targets this summer will want to know what Pep is planning before they sign 5/6 year contract with City ad then Pep leaves in 12 months.

can see the likes of Szoboszlai, McAllister not fully happy to be signed by Klopp and now working for a noname Dutch bald guy. same goes for all the older dipper players...

I deffo can see more changes especially Txiki leaving and then Soriano may do the same soon too so it can become hell of a change on top of Pep in near future.

In terms of managers who could work with players of City's stature, be tactically super-adept and also play attacking, possession based football which is what the City fans have come to expect then there aren't many who could handle such a role.

Going through them one at a time;

Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.

Postecoglou - not tactically adept enough unless you fancy every game ending up 5-4

Arteta - unlikely he goes from Arsenal to City but he'd be up to the job for sure

Amorim - ticks the boxes but it's a big step up

Ancelotti - excellent choice but he's surely retiring sooner rather than later

De Zerbi - the philosophy is there but this may be too big a job for him

Sam Allardyce - if that happens it means you're in league 2

Nagelsman - I've got a hunch about this guy and City. He'd be great I reckon.

Unai Emery - an underrated coach, he'd be a left-field choice but could do it

Inzaghi - Inter play great attacking football, tactically very smart.

Klopp - never in a million years

Kompany - with a year under his belt at Bayern maybe but I don't think he'd leave after just a year

Tuchel - too divisive a figure for City IMHO. He's a whingeing twat so nailed on for the Rags I'd say

Pochettino - not good enough

Who have I missed out? If City believe Pep is off in a year they'll already be starting the process of replacing him.

Like I said in the post, I've a hunch on Nagelsman. He's young, dynamic and could deal with the pressure and expectation.
Xavi , Zidane ?

No one can buy Barca it’s a members club and he isn’t a billionaire The issue that Pep had at Barca is the politics, it wore him out that’s why he left and it’s worse than ever now When the presidential elections are on candidates promise the earth to get elected, it’s such a prestigious position in Catalonia, this is the reason the club is in such dire straits I can’t see Pep returning in fact when asked he says my time at Barca is done.
I know that , but he would not be scared to take on that project and money would be found.

In terms of managers who could work with players of City's stature, be tactically super-adept and also play attacking, possession based football which is what the City fans have come to expect then there aren't many who could handle such a role.

Going through them one at a time;

Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.

Postecoglou - not tactically adept enough unless you fancy every game ending up 5-4

Arteta - unlikely he goes from Arsenal to City but he'd be up to the job for sure

Amorim - ticks the boxes but it's a big step up

Ancelotti - excellent choice but he's surely retiring sooner rather than later

De Zerbi - the philosophy is there but this may be too big a job for him

Sam Allardyce - if that happens it means you're in league 2

Nagelsman - I've got a hunch about this guy and City. He'd be great I reckon.

Unai Emery - an underrated coach, he'd be a left-field choice but could do it

Inzaghi - Inter play great attacking football, tactically very smart.

Klopp - never in a million years

Kompany - with a year under his belt at Bayern maybe but I don't think he'd leave after just a year

Tuchel - too divisive a figure for City IMHO. He's a whingeing twat so nailed on for the Rags I'd say

Pochettino - not good enough

Who have I missed out? If City believe Pep is off in a year they'll already be starting the process of replacing him.

Like I said in the post, I've a hunch on Nagelsman. He's young, dynamic and could deal with the pressure and expectation.
Bingo rocking up now would be pure box office in Dipperville.

“Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.” Nobody knows where this guy will end up in the future. Many people predicted he would end up at Liverpool and he didn’t. It is silly to say he is destined for Madrid or Liverpool or wherever
Alonso strikes me as a smart guy. He’ll want the best job where he can pursue his ambitions. Madrid will obviously have a massive pull. But if you offered him a straight choice of coming to us or going to Liverpool, I’d be surprised if he chose them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.