Pep's contract situation

It will all start leaking over the summer. Players we want to sign will want to know who our next boss is after pep. Once the agents find out that’s when the leaks start

its a bold article & headline especially as he categorically stated in the content:

While City stress that there has been no formal indication either way from the 52-year-old, multiple sources within the industry and City have openly discussed the prospect of an impending departure over recent months.

so no definitive decision & irs normal for our club to plan - just in case????

it's an easy article to write as his contract is up next year. Who knows what's going to happen. Best off just ignoring the article and see what happens. Personally I think he'll stay for another two years

If we start next season well and the players are responding to him I think he'll probably extend.

We have the same song and dance every other year.

It will all start leaking over the summer. Players we want to sign will want to know who our next boss is after pep. Once the agents find out that’s when the leaks start

Same with all clubs Arteta one year left not signed Ten Bob is he staying or going cheslea no manager and there managers have life span of 18 months Liverpool probably the only club with us who will give manages a chance but if he has a bad start there fans be on his back!

So in reality players will go where they get paid the most and not bothered about who is manager as much!

Really putting his neck on the line is Gaughan coming out with this as if it's 100% right. He must've been told something to be so confident or is he just a good bluffer?
Ha - since when has a journalist had to be 100% right?.
A 50/50 shot in terms of the current contract and guess what, he plumps for a negative City story. Hardly Pulitzer price stuff. Nothing has been decided in the last week. This is all just hot air to further unsettle us after losing to a shite side unexpectedly.
As we were.

Jack's usually good but I don't think this has been leaked by the club. Why would they?

So it's business as usual until it's official.
It doesn't feel like a brief/leak. There's nothing of real substance in the article and there's no way the club would put such content out there on the day of a parade.

It's a puff piece that is typical of the situation. We're now in the summer break and a manager has only 12 months to go on his contract, with no clear indication from either club or manager regarding what's happening next.

City ARE the news and a typically negative slant on such drives clicks, we know this.

I'd imagine the inner circle at City knows which way the wind is blowing at the moment but regardless, will have contingency plans, succession plans and transfer wishlists drawn up for multiple eventualities.

It'll all be about the hunger and desire of all involved, players, manager and executive team. Hunger and desire can change in an instant, so I'd doubt any big decisions along those lines would be made now, on the back of a hugely emotive season.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere soon. Something about his mood/body language. He won’t have what he has here anywhere else in the world.

Let’s see how he is in the summer when he’s had a good rest and remembers the challenge of Arsenal.

I’m still confident he’ll stay for an extra year if not two.

Plenty of players signed with pep entering his final year previously. Including Haaland.

Typical fuckin red cartel press.
We've just done 4 in a row, had our parade, all the talk about egghead being sacked at the rags seems to have cooled.

My only surprise is that they haven't mentioned 115 in their piece which has completely flummoxed me.
As regards the charges. Pep always said he would stay if they actually penalise City.

If it’s true it being the last season, it may also be an indicator of a positive outcome on the allegations.

I thought he may have stayed 10 years but he has fulfilled so many dreams already.

Whatever happens we should all be eternally grateful for the last 8 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.