Pep's contract situation

Good scenario for me,was Vinny to do well with Burnley in the Prem. and then when Pep decides to retire, in comes V.K.the Magnificent, seamlessly taking over.
Could still work ,with a successful year at Bayern.

No point worrying about the future. Khaldoon will do what’s best for city and that’s enough for me.

I hope it’s handled properly and Pep confirms it early and we get a no 2 in this season to take over from him next season.

On the players, if some want to leave because of pep then so be it. I think we need to be honest here and get ready for upheaval on the playing front.

Pep staying for so long has put us in a slumber in some respects. Same with expecting to beat the rags, sometimes we all need a shake and come out of the lethargic mentality which can creep in with winning so much.

Let’s get the charges sorted and with 8/9 years of pep to help guide us in the future. It will not be easy but we have a blueprint for success.

Changes are inevitable. Exiting times.

What a ride it’s been.
Much of what I was going to post Wolvie.
Pep and the players are not Robots and it helps to be aware they will make mistakes occasionally.
As for the future I remain calm in the knowledge that Pep and Khaldoon will have already mapped out any transition with successors identified.
As for players it’s the art of letting go. I thought it was the right time for Gundogan and Mahrez. Kyle and KDB could be next.
Then there the players who want to leave or who have not made the grade.Again I’m sure succession planning is there.
Just hope we get who we want.

Sure but emotions are a big thing in football and I think his heart will say Madrid first, then Dippers second.

Go to Madrid and you're more or less guaranteed to win the league. PL is brutal, it's taken an absolute genius to get City 4 PLs in a row and it's a bit like replacing Fergie at the Rags - a bit of a hiding to nothing unless you're a really strong character. Also Alonso is still inexperienced - being the guy who led the plucky underdogs to the German Double is nothing like the expectations he'd have at City, plus managing world class superstars. Will need a big ego coach which is why I think Nagelsman fits the bill.
Alonso would already be the Liverpool manager, if he wanted the job.

Much of what I was going to post Wolvie.
Pep and the players are not Robots and it helps to be aware they will make mistakes occasionally.
As for the future I remain calm in the knowledge that Pep and Khaldoon will have already mapped out any transition with successors identified.
As for players it’s the art of letting go. I thought it was the right time for Gundogan and Mahrez. Kyle and KDB could be next.
Then there the players who want to leave or who have not made the grade.Again I’m sure succession planning is there.
Just hope we get who we want.
Probably won’t get everyone we want. Once pep leaves we will have to fight bit harder in the market and at times overpay. We do have the CFG clubs tho and a brilliant academy to help us.

No one wants change but sometimes change is needed. I don’t want the speculation to continue into the season. If pep has made his mind up to go the club need to communicate that and build now for his successor. It might never be as good again on the field and that ok. We all got to witness the best manager in world football do his thing at city and win so many trophies while breaking long held records. This period had exceeded all expectations.

Good scenario for me,was Vinny to do well with Burnley in the Prem. and then when Pep decides to retire, in comes V.K.the Magnificent, seamlessly taking over.
Could still work ,with a successful year at Bayern.
If he does do well at Bayern I can’t see them letting him go. Vinny will have to kick up a fuss. But will he want to that when they’ve basically given him the chance to prove himself at the highest level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.