Pep's contract situation

I tell you what, Harry Redknapp wouldn’t have picked Gundogan and left David Silva, Bernado Silva and Phil Foden on the bench. Absolutely no chance.

Guardiola has decided he’s going to play Gundogan in every minute of every single Champions League game. Fuck what’s best for City. He’s going to do what’s best for his ego. Prove himself right.

4 times on the spin he’s been directly, completely and entirely responsible for us going out of the Champions League.

Instead of playing the way we’ve been super-successful, he’s decided when it comes to the Champions League he needs to make it about him. He wants the attention. Fuck what’s best for City, he’s going to do what’s best for his ego.

And he has the fucking cheek, time after time to lay the blame at the club. “This club will one day break the cycle of never being successful in the Champions League”.

But it’s not the club’s fault. The club have given him everything he could possibly need to be successful in the Champions League. But he’s decided to make it all about him so people can laud him for his genius.

Four times is just too many. He’s not going to learn, he’s not going to change. We’ve missed a golden opportunity. For the previous two seasons we were the best team in Europe. We should have won it. We might never get that chance again because we’re in serious regression while Bayern and Liverpool have comprehensively overtaken us.

Time for new ideas and less ego.

"4 times on the spin he’s been directly, completely and entirely responsible for us going out of the Champions League". Really ? No sitters missed ? No defensive howlers conceded ? No referee/var errors ? He also shares responsibility for getting us into the Champions League and you are way OTT. I believe he picked the wrong starting 11 but despite that after Kevin scored they were panicking and we got well on top, Raheem should have put us ahead and we could have gone on to win. Pep didn't miss any chances or concede any goals, so he is not completely and entirely responsible for us going out of the Champions League.

What I will say is letting Guardiola run down his deal next year and having a season where he gets a 200 mil transfer spend but everyone knows he's going sounds like an awful year to me. It would just be the club putting Pep's preference and welfare above itself and we absolutely shouldn't do that. Sign or we move on and go and get Nagelsmann or Poch or whoever. A zombie season sounds like the worst of all scenarios to me.

An honest question to all, do you WANT Pep to extend?
Forums, twitter full of expert managers . Pep has made a mistake or two and we hopefully will benefit from him putting this right. Apart from Klopp there is no one else, players like Sterling, De Bruyne, Jesus are close to their peak thanks to Pep. Hes a good man and i for one am still proud to have him as our manager. Some of the stuff last night, post match is entitled garbage and twitter is littererd with fake scouse shite. Im an old git now so not as emotional as some especially as the Agueroooooo moment cannot be bettered , i do however have a stubborn desire to see upstart scousers, rags and bayern schooled by a Pep team asap.
I think that's something we can all agree on

"4 times on the spin he’s been directly, completely and entirely responsible for us going out of the Champions League". Really ? No sitters missed ? No defensive howlers conceded ? No referee/var errors ? He also shares responsibility for getting us into the Champions League and you are way OTT. I believe he picked the wrong starting 11 but despite that after Kevin scored they were panicking and we got well on top, Raheem should have put us ahead and we could have gone on to win. Pep didn't miss any chances or concede any goals, so he is not completely and entirely responsible for us going out of the Champions League.
If we’d played a proper team last night, we wouldn’t be relying on an 86th minute equaliser from Sterling. We’d have been out of sight by then.

If we were playing the 7th best team in the PL in a league game, we’d just go out with our normal shape and the most in-form players for those positions and dick them 3-0.

But because it’s the Champions League and the world is watching, Pep believes his own bullshit that he has to prove he’s seen some magical angle that no one else is capable of seeing and play some ridiculous, idiotic, Championship Manager formation.

The players had 3 days to work on it. Playing against a team that has spent months and thousands of hours practicing to play that way. It was fucking idiotic. Players are not robots, or chess pieces. The CL QF is not the time or place for experiments. Trying out your philosophical theory.

It’s a time for getting the job done.
About having faith in your best in class players demonstrate why they’re best in class in their role and giving them the platform to show it.

The first 3 times I can forgive. The 4th, I cannot. He’s putting himself before the team and that can not be allowed to happen again.

Pep made last night all about him yet again
That's the main reason we lost then he had the cheek to say 1 day the club will break the duck.

What I will say is letting Guardiola run down his deal next year and having a season where he gets a 200 mil transfer spend but everyone knows he's going sounds like an awful year to me. It would just be the club putting Pep's preference and welfare above itself and we absolutely shouldn't do that. Sign or we move on and go and get Nagelsmann or Poch or whoever. A zombie season sounds like the worst of all scenarios to me.
Bayern once won a treble knowing their manager was leaving at the end of the season. United shithoused a league victory knowing their manager was on the way out.

As long as Pep doesn't surprise the club at short notice then there shouldn't be any issues. I wouldn't be surprised if he's actively involved in finding a successor if he knew he was on his way out.

An honest question to all, do you WANT Pep to extend?
I, for one, do want him to extend. He got it wrong yesterday, no doubt. He is still the best manager in world football and there are an awful lot of teams, who would give their left legs to have the run of success that we have had over the past decade. Pep has been a large, not the only, part of our enjoyment of said success.

I certainly want him to extend.
That said, we need to rebuild and if he isn't prepared to commit to the rebuild then he needs to be replaced now.
Love him to bits but that is where we are. The club is more important than the manager.

Last edited:
Pep reads bluemoon and may go as a result? Don’t get my hopes up fella:-)
No, I don't think he does but I am 95% certain that there are employees of the club who do! That's a response to your first sentence.
See below for the response to the last word in your second sentence!!! *rofl*

Calling Eccles a fella is nearly as bad a take as wanting Pep sacked.. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.