Pep's contract situation

Yeah you are, try listening to Khaldoon for 25 minutes.

I think the reaction to Alan's comment is harsh.

There is enough, in what Both Khaldoon and Pep have been saying, to be confident and blase that he will extend.

There is also enough to be quite cautious, and have doubts.

I have felt it myself for a while, that Pep hasn't yet convinced himself in the way he is convincing the rest of us.

Khaldoon's interview only reaffirmed that.

Pep journey with us coming to an end minus the Champions League Trophy is not going to happen.

It will be the final chapter of the Pep love story with us.

We might not be that arsed.

But our owners want it,and i think Pep wants it because in his Head i think he personally thinks not winning it will undermine his lasting legacy.Pep Just strikes me as that type of Guy.

I disagree, I thibk if he wants to stay he will stay whether he wins it once, 5 times ot none at all. If he wants to leave, he'll leave even if he hasn't won it.

Definitely starting to get a little concerned.

A few weeks ago I thought he was nailed on for an extension, and that it would be imminent.

Then Klipperty extended for the dippers, no reaction from City.

Khaldoon today effectively said it’ll be discussed in due course, then The Times reported tonight “before the end of next season” and that Pep doesn’t want to leave City in a “scramble”.

Just me?
Change your username to NoBalls -:)

Definitely starting to get a little concerned.

A few weeks ago I thought he was nailed on for an extension, and that it would be imminent.

Then Klipperty extended for the dippers, no reaction from City.

Khaldoon today effectively said it’ll be discussed in due course, then The Times reported tonight “before the end of next season” and that Pep doesn’t want to leave City in a “scramble”.

Just me?
Don't be concerned.

I believe they will already have a Gentleman's agreement for at least 2 more years but the club know that he will be absolutely knackered after another full on season. It would be foolish to put pressure on him before he has a rest and re-charges. For now the most important thing is to leave him to spend some time with his family, play golf, get some sun on his back knowing he will be ready to go again.

Pep is by all accounts an honourable man, he's said many times where else would I get everything I want. He stated he loves the Chairman, loves working with Ferran and Txiki, loves the fans and the fact he is not mobbed when out and about. I cannot believe the players will switch off because they know he will be important to them individually and as a group. Adding the players we already have and those rumoured to be coming will only enhance that view.

On the flip side I cannot see him extending for many years at a go. I have a feeling we shall see a 2 year extension at most, which would be excellent as it will be reviewed again. The man is not a machine and he demands so much from himself and others.

For now sit back, be patient and enjoy the fact that at the very least we shall see two of the worlds best forwards added to our squad. Pep will stay, it's just a matter of how long he can keep up the brutal intensity of the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.