Pep's contract situation

Worse scenario is this is Pep final season he bows out with us winning the Premier League (or a domestic clean sweep) and the Champions League and it gives us time to find his replacement. Best scenario is he signs a new 3 year contract (or longer). Middle ground he signs a rolling contract. Pep hasn't given any indication that he is leaving. He always notifies a club he has managed in good time.

Last edited:
Pep journey with us coming to an end minus the Champions League Trophy is not going to happen.

It will be the final chapter of the Pep love story with us.

We might not be that arsed.

But our owners want it,and i think Pep wants it because in his Head i think he personally thinks not winning it will undermine his lasting legacy.Pep Just strikes me as that type of Guy.

Pep and now khaldoon have both said talks will take place nearer to the end of his current contract. My own opinion is its already agreed and will be announced at the best possible time for maximum exposure. This summer would not have been that time die to the signing of halland. My guess would be January or the title run from March 2023.

As Khaldoon said yesterday the club like to get their business done early& that's why i feel Pep will sign the contract sooner than later. No distraction going into next season required.

Given peps comments that he needs to see how the team react to him next season before committing and now with khaldoon saying we are in a no rush I think it’s pretty obvious that he will sit down with the club when the World Cup is on in December.

Seems a very obvious time to sort it out imo. So long as the team are performing pep will stay he has said as much. Not sure why people are worrying

If he is in the last year of his contract and was leaving us then you could bet everything you own there would be constant rumours in the press linking him to another club. And yet, there is absolute silence.

I think that tells you all you need to know.

A one year rolling contract (like Bobby Robson had at Newcastle) would suit Pep best and would probably benefit City too as Guardiola wouldn't feel trapped into a long term deal but would still stay past the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.