Pep's contract situation

Hope i am wrong but it is starting to look like his last season. based on his past. Fulfilled his contract and walked. sadly no reason to suggest otherwise

If he didn't love everything, everyone, wasn't gateful and thought a few of the players were a bit shit, do you think he'd say so?

That's what @Damocles means by a nothing interview (I presume).

It's the stuff any generic manager would say about any generic club they were at.

Which is fine, but it's not really worth getting excited over IMO. Not a criticism of Rob Pollard, who probably had very little time and a very structured set of questions to ask.

Personally I'd love to see the club organise something where Pep actually talks about tactics. We have a manager who admites in Perarnau's book he's so obsessed with football tactics that he can't keep anything else in his attention for more than 30 minutes and the club have done nothing to share that with the fans really. Every month or so one of the journalists thinks of a good question and he goes on a 10 minute monologue about something minute, which gives a fascinating insight into the way his mind works and just how high above the standard level of coaching he's operating at.

There's a great video out there from his time at Bayern (in German unfortunately) where he went to a supporters club and they put a whiteboard next to him with 22 magnets and he got very into explaining tactical stuff to the fans who asked questions.

Or imagine a round table with him and Vinny, or Vieira, or even Brian Kidd - someone who can ask him detailed in-depth tactical questions. He's been here for 6 years now and 3 iterations of his team so there's so much there to be tapped.
I like the round table idea, but I'm not so sure that Burnley or Palace would green-light their respective manager's involvement... However, we do have ambassadors under contract with the club like Micah, Joleon, Zaba and Sweep. Also, Kun is unfortunately a bit unoccupied and could easily be involved in something like that.

Never thought for one minute that Pep would stay at our club more than three years when he got the managers job , the fact he could be hear for a decade is a credit to our club and the growth we have shown since the takeover , absolutely no doubt that some players sign for us because of the Pep effect , that is the stature of the man , hungry young players want to improve under the best coach on the planet.
Hopefully we do not go the same way as the Rags when Pep leaves , because when Baconface left they fell to pieces , i suspect our management team will have a plan in place to keep us at the very top.

Strange. I remember his appointment being poorly received but him coming across pretty well during his stint, to the point he changed the fans perceptions of him.
wow he was dire, the perfect grey man, the documentary on Graham Taylor as England manager summed him up Neale perfectly, a useless, limp traffic cone.

That whole period between Brian Horton and Joe Royle was so chaotic and disordered it’s very difficult to recall it with crystal clarity today. But you’re right - even in amongst all that nauseating mayhem and lurching catastrophe, Phil Neal felt like a new low for our Club.

It’s fucking bizarre to look back on that time from the vantage point of the exceptionally professional, well run operation we are today.

The starkness of the contrast is frankly dizzying!
It was scary and so very sad, before the Swales era and even during it we were a huge , powerful club, that bastard destroyed us , evil cnut.

The picture above of Eddie Large sat on the first team bench sums up that era for me, embarrassing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.