Pep's contract situation

Wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that. Who would you be considering then mate?

Well that’s the conundrum right there isn’t it mate.

Who replaces Pep?

I won’t pretend to have the answer - there are so many routes you could go down - a direct Pep disciple (like an Arteta for example), a young up and coming manager in a similar mould (like a Nagelsmann, maybe), or do we take a slightly different approach and direction? Do we go for a safe pair of hands acknowledging there’ll be a period of adjustment (the Ancelotti option)?

Honestly - I’m fucked if I know mate. But that’s what Khaldoon, Ferran and Txiki are paid the big bucks to work out.

I just know Pochettino is clearly not the answer!

Well that’s the conundrum right there isn’t it mate.

Who replaces Pep?

I won’t pretend to have the answer - there are so many routes you could go down - a direct Pep disciple (like an Arteta for example), a young up and coming manager in a similar mould (like a Nagelsmann, maybe), or do we take a slightly different approach and direction? Do we go for a safe pair of hands acknowledging there’ll be a period of adjustment (the Ancelotti option)?

Honestly - I’m fucked if I know mate. But that’s what Khaldoon, Ferran and Txiki are paid the big bucks to work out.

I just know Pochettino is clearly not the answer!

No chance of the likes Ancelotti, Conte, or even Mourinho philosophy Football managing our team. We are too deep into possession/tiki taka football ingrained into our way of play from as low as academy all the way up into senior men football, so i expect similar minded manager like Pep will be employed after Pep left.

The really scary thing is Brenda Rodgers could well be available can see him walking out on Leicester any day, speculation has started already.
Fuck sake, every few months someone mentions his name. Why on god’s green earth would City go for that muppet?

I don’t agree mate - in my opinion, the failure of the 15/16 season with the resources and the unique opportunity he had available to him was just that. A failure.

Yes he made a shit team better, but that doesn’t make him a great manager. It just makes him better than Tim Sherwood. Which I’m very happy to give him.

And he didn’t almost win the Champions League. He got to a final off the back of a very dubious refereeing decision over us, granted - and then never even bothered turning up against Liverpool in the final. Spurs were shite in that game, and were nowhere near winning it.

You’re entitled to your opinion on him, but I’m sticking with mine.

PSG was not an anomaly - it was the norm.

The guy’s a myth, and I’d be hugely disappointed if the Club goes anywhere near him.
Never said it made him a great manager, I just thought he did very well for Spurs.

But PSG had done him no favors and neither did his attempt to run off to the rags after 1 season in Paris.

The first time he encountered ego's in a dressing room he was found wanting very badly.

Last edited:
Luis Enrique - if ever there was a myth this guy is it. Won nothing as a manager and there is a trend of leaving clubs well before the end of his contract when things don‘t go right. I’d rather have Potter than him!
Are you thinking of the right bloke?

A9DA82C9-61D4-4DD3-9A64-17DDC8ABC7B5.jpeg

I’d have Arteta but what he is building at city can’t see him coming so think Patrick Vieira is a very good option and the people at city know what type of character he is and a manager!

Are you thinking of the right bloke?

View attachment 53630

Not sure there are many serious options other than Enrique, and IF he was to take over , it would continue a great working relationship with the man Txiki.

Not sure there are many serious options other than Enrique, and IF he was to take over , it would continue a great working relationship with the man Txiki.
I almost think he’s waiting for Pep. He’s happy to be Spain boss while Pep’s here, would be nice for Pep to extend to 2024-25 in the first instance, and if he wants to leave after that, Enrique will come.

That’s my gut feeling. Could be bollocks, mind!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.