Pep's contract situation

This is simply not true, in my opinion.

He did shite at Tottenham.

Given the resources he had at his disposal, and the perfect alignment of opportunity that conspired to essentially deliver him a free pass at the League in 15/16 - his performance can’t be viewed as anything other than a dismal failure.

Look at this team:

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Kane

That was a fucking fantastic side he had back then, whichever way you look at it!

That season, we were shite and scraped 4th as we knew Pellegrini was a dead man walking, Liverpool were still fucking useless and finished 8th having started the season with Rodgers as their manager, the Rags were shite and finished 5th, Chelsea (who had won the League the season before and would win it the following year) had a complete meltdown and finished 10th.

Never would the stars align so favourably for Spurs again.

That was their golden opportunity, and he fucked it - with that side listed above - handing the League to Leicester in the process.

That really should have been Spurs’ turn to finally win the thing once and for all, and in my view is as bad as not winning a one horse League with PSG.

He didn’t even manage to win one of the Cups to at least have something to show for it.

The guy is a complete myth, and I’d be absolutely astonished if we’d go anywhere near him to replace Pep.

He took over from Tim Sherwood and almost won the league within two years. I’m not sure that’s a stick to beat him with to be honest.

A lot of the players you highlighted above were either bought by Pochettino or significantly improved by him. Son was bought for 20 million and has been a very good player for them by anyone’s standards. Kane was essentially a reserve team player, bouncing between loans, and it wasn’t obvious at all that he was going to make it as a top player before Pochettino arrived. Alli was bought for no money and turned into an England regular before he shit the bed.

I don’t like Tottenham and in fact I intensely dislike them. I’m glad that Pochettino didn’t win anything while he was there. But to call him a complete myth is a bit silly given that he got a team to the Champions League final, beating us over two legs, and didn’t spend a fortune in the process.

Weird that Pep mentioned the World Cup
Perhaps related to Luis Enrique’s situation with Spain?
He would be the most natural no-brainer successor
Still pretty sure that three year extension is just awaiting his autograph. The new young team will revitalise him

Given the resources he had at his disposal, and the perfect alignment of opportunity that conspired to essentially deliver him a free pass at the League in 15/16 - his performance can’t be viewed as anything other than a dismal failure.

Look at this team:

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Kane

That was a fucking fantastic side he had back then, whichever way you look at it!

That season, we were shite and scraped 4th as we knew Pellegrini was a dead man walking, Liverpool were still fucking useless and finished 8th having started the season with Rodgers as their manager, the Rags were shite and finished 5th, Chelsea (who had won the League the season before and would win it the following year) had a complete meltdown and finished 10th.

That was their golden opportunity, and he fucked it - with that side listed above - handing the League to Leicester in the process.

That really should have been Spurs’ turn to finally win the thing once and for all, and in my view is as bad as not winning a one horse League with PSG.

He didn’t even manage to win one of the Cups to at least have something to show for it.

The guy is a complete myth, and I’d be absolutely astonished if we’d go anywhere near him to replace Pep.
PSG supporters were glad to see the back of Poch

Look at this team:

Can’t argue with a single word of that

He took over from Tim Sherwood and almost won the league within two years. I’m not sure that’s a stick to beat him with to be honest.

A lot of the players you highlighted above were either bought by Pochettino or significantly improved by him. Son was bought for 20 million and has been a very good player for them by anyone’s standards. Kane was essentially a reserve team player, bouncing between loans, and it wasn’t obvious at all that he was going to make it as a top player before Pochettino arrived. Alli was bought for no money and turned into an England regular before he shit the bed.

I don’t like Tottenham and in fact I intensely dislike them. I’m glad that Pochettino didn’t win anything while he was there. But to call him a complete myth is a bit silly given that he got a team to the Champions League final, beating us over two legs, and didn’t spend a fortune in the process.
When did they almost win the league.

I think both the club and pep are waiting for the world cup to decide . If any good option like enrique, zidane (if he doesn't get the french job), hansi flick become available pep will leave otherwise he will stay. Also world cup would provide pep with the possible options of good international job like Brazil,Spain or England
Zidane would never come to England, French manager after the world cup 100%.

Look at this team:

He did a superb job at Spurs, come on, they were a shambles and he nearly won the title and the Champions league, he built a team from nothing and made decent players, great.

The black mark is very much PSG and that dressing room, either he did not have the courage or he was not given the authority to sort it out.

Enrique is the obvious and sensible choice but time will tell and hopefully will be irrelevant and Pep stays but I am starting to have my doubts about that sadly.

Pep's family situation is the telling factor in this, unless that is not all it seems.

Luis Enrique - if ever there was a myth this guy is it. Won nothing as a manager and there is a trend of leaving clubs well before the end of his contract when things don‘t go right. I’d rather have Potter than him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.