Pep's contract situation

Luis Enrique or Arteta are obvious choices. Luis Enrique has replaced Pep successfully before so there's a clear track record of success when he's inherited a Pep team and system. Arteta would have no problem replacing Pep either.

It's whether they're available. I feel like the Spanish team is probably about 2-4 years off mounting a serious challenge for honours again. They lack the defence/striker to win the World Cup in my opinion, but have some incredible young players in Gavi and Pedri who could fire them to glory in the future. It's whether Luis Enrique wants to invest that time or is tempted back into club management. The timings would work perfectly if we could keep Pep until 2026 and I think Pep would stick around if it meant the club got the man they wanted, he seems to have that relationship with the board. He'll also leave us in a very strong position whenever he leaves, we will not have a squad at the end of its journey when he steps away. The signings they've made, and continue to make are all built on continued success. The rags got it so wrong in giving bacon a team that could win one last time for him, but would rot once he left. They've never recovered.

Arteta has built a whole atmosphere around Arsenal which makes it his project and I think it would be very difficult to prize him away. They've not got the same resources as us, but they've still spent a lot of money in recent seasons and they're starting to click as a team. I don't see him as someone who would be easy to secure, unless things go to shit at Arsenal.

Howe was superb at Bournemouth, keeping them in the Prem as long as he did was outstanding.

Now at Newcastle he is starting to build something that could be special, he is a very good man, intelligent , and a superb man manager and this season is showing he is also a good football technician.

Newcastle with the backing they have will be a huge force in the coming seasons at home and in Europe, and from what I see, Howe can be very much the leader of it, good luck to him, as said a very decent, humble man.

A year ago I was arguing with people on here who were convinced he'd get Newcastle relegated, then convinced PIF would sack him in the summer, now he's 3rd with a squad that cost a fraction of the others in the top 6 and loads of room to keep improving - Isak has barely played yet because of injury.

Unfortunately this is the managerial equivalent of "Kyle Walker syndrome" - where a large % of people refuse to see other players in the league as good enough for City and would rather sign a foreign player they've barely seen but have heard a lot about.

The only thing Howe is missing to make him a perfect candidate is some experience in Europe and a deep run in a cup - which I expect he'll have by the end of next season.

If we're talking about Pep signing on for another 2/3 years... he'll be one of the leading candidates.

Out of the names mentioned I'd only take Luis Enrique before him, and I still have major doubts he'll ever take a job back in club management after making it known his priority in life was to spend a lot more time with his family after the death of his daughter.

Luis Enrique or Arteta are obvious choices. Luis Enrique has replaced Pep successfully before so there's a clear track record of success when he's inherited a Pep team and system. Arteta would have no problem replacing Pep either.

It's whether they're available. I feel like the Spanish team is probably about 2-4 years off mounting a serious challenge for honours again. They lack the defence/striker to win the World Cup in my opinion, but have some incredible young players in Gavi and Pedri who could fire them to glory in the future. It's whether Luis Enrique wants to invest that time or is tempted back into club management. The timings would work perfectly if we could keep Pep until 2026 and I think Pep would stick around if it meant the club got the man they wanted, he seems to have that relationship with the board. He'll also leave us in a very strong position whenever he leaves, we will not have a squad at the end of its journey when he steps away. The signings they've made, and continue to make are all built on continued success. The rags got it so wrong in giving bacon a team that could win one last time for him, but would rot once he left. They've never recovered.

Arteta has built a whole atmosphere around Arsenal which makes it his project and I think it would be very difficult to prize him away. They've not got the same resources as us, but they've still spent a lot of money in recent seasons and they're starting to click as a team. I don't see him as someone who would be easy to secure, unless things go to shit at Arsenal.
With Arteta's history at Arsenal there's no way he'd voluntarily leave, and if he failed there I doubt we'd want him.

A year ago I was arguing with people on here who were convinced he'd get Newcastle relegated, then convinced PIF would sack him in the summer, now he's 3rd with a squad that cost a fraction of the others in the top 6 and loads of room to keep improving - Isak has barely played yet because of injury.

Unfortunately this is the managerial equivalent of "Kyle Walker syndrome" - where a large % of people refuse to see other players in the league as good enough for City and would rather sign a foreign player they've barely seen but have heard a lot about.

The only thing Howe is missing to make him a perfect candidate is some experience in Europe and a deep run in a cup - which I expect he'll have by the end of next season.

If we're talking about Pep signing on for another 2/3 years... he'll be one of the leading candidates.

Out of the names mentioned I'd only take Luis Enrique before him, and I still have major doubts he'll ever take a job back in club management after making it known his priority in life was to spend a lot more time with his family after the death of his daughter.

Agree with you about Howe! The one thing with Howe and Potter is they live Breath sleep football done the hard yards too! Don’t forget City wanted Howe to be Pep assistant when he first came to city! I’d have no qualms if city went for Howe a truly football man! Also so very good with the media a calm person to!

Arteta's bitter hatred of City rules him out. Claiming City tried to humiliate Arsenal by making subs when we were 4-0 up with half an hour to go made him look an idiot.

Agree with you about Howe! The one thing with Howe and Potter is they live Breath sleep football done the hard yards too! Don’t forget City wanted Howe to be Pep assistant when he first came to city! I’d have no qualms if city went for Howe a truly football man! Also so very good with the media a calm person to!
!

Arteta's bitter hatred of City rules him out. Claiming City tried to humiliate Arsenal by making subs when we were 4-0 up with half an hour to go made him look an idiot.

You can forget Arteta he has built that arsenal team to where they are now got the team he wants the director of football he wants! He will never leave Arsenal..

The fans would quickly fall in love with Luis Enrique. my only doubt is if he would want to come live in manchester. Although he already lived in Galicia, when he was the coach of Celta de Vigo, the climate is similar there

The fans would quickly fall in love with Luis Enrique. my only doubt is if he would want to come live in manchester. Although he already lived in Galicia, when he was the coach of Celta de Vigo, the climate is similar there

Manchester's climate is no secret. If Pep signs a 2 year extension he'll be a living in Manchester's climate for 8 years

Yes, the inclement weather is initially a shock to a Spaniards system, but they get used to it and put up with it eventually.

The weather in Manchester is much milder and warmer than it used to be. Even October is generally mild now. The continual bad weather doesn't start until November through to March. Much of Europe has worse winters than Manchester does. Spain has cold winter's. Madrid had a huge snow fall last year.

Luis Enrique won't be put off by the weather in Manchester. He'll also be surrounded and supported by the Barca Boys, Soriano, Txiki, Berrada, etc.

Why? 3 longterm managers since the takeover, all won leagues and cups, Pep winning the most while spending the most and having the best depth of quality. As long as the money is there, the club is successful. One Champions League final in 7 years - with the resources available - is hardly indicative of some indispensable messiah.

A more exciting, direct style of play that allows the likes of Foden and Grealish play their natural games and maximise their unique talents would reinvigorate the club.
Six posts and this is one of them.

I'll meet you at the south stand bar in the ground you definitely go to as a totally authentic City fan before the next game to discuss your post further.

(Edit: fuck me, I've just read the other five. You're making it too obvious, mate. I know we've all got time to kill before the world cup starts, but this is all too transparent)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.