Pep's contract situation

I would love Pep to stay a few more years, a football genius and one who truly loves this club but I just get the sense there's a lot of fans out there ready for a change. They're just not excited by Pep's football. They may even think the grasser will be greener on the other side which all know is never true. Long live Pep and Manchester City and I hope he stays after we win the Champs league.
There will always be a rump of spectators who can't see the game beyond playing a stump at Number 9 being supplied by two wingers or a long ball from the back. Thankfully these 'tactics' belong to a bygone age and with dementia concerns becoming a growing concern, heading the ball may end up on the banned list anyway.

I would love Pep to stay a few more years, a football genius and one who truly loves this club but I just get the sense there's a lot of fans out there ready for a change. They're just not excited by Pep's football. They may even think the grasser will be greener on the other side which all know is never true. Long live Pep and Manchester City and I hope he stays after we win the Champs league.
Yep - but they’re all Arsenal fans :)

I just think that after 10 years he might start to get stale here. Both he and the club would need a reboot. New challenge for him, new thinking for us.
Why? Fergie managed to keep it fresh until his funding was removed

I can (a bit). Think back to the Arsenal away game where Sane ripped them to bits and we scored that goal with about 30 passes. Look at the speed of pass and contrast it with most of our games now. I haven't done any study but it feels like we are so much slower. Not all of that is down to low blocks as we have always had to cope with them. I do prefer fast and precise football and I feel we used to play that more.
I am enjoying the football less but that doesn't mean I want him to leave.
A lot of it is that other teams have now had years to analyse our patterns of play and it’s very rare that we are going to be battering teams regularly. Pep is still the best around though and I love our style of play and I do actually find games more intriguing and how we have to adapt mid game to win them.

A lot of it is that other teams have now had years to analyse our patterns of play and it’s very rare that we are going to be battering teams regularly. Pep is still the best around though and I love our style of play and I do actually find games more intriguing and how we have to adapt mid game to win them.
That in a nutshell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.