Pep's contract situation

If he extends (which I hope and expect he will) it will be great.
If he doesn’t it’s not the tragedy some think.
We were successful before he came and we will be after.
Personally I think having Khaldoon, Soriano and Txiki in the organisation for as long as possible is more important. They are key to our sustained success.

I just think that after 10 years he might start to get stale here. Both he and the club would need a reboot. New challenge for him, new thinking for us.
I think some people are missing the point. I don’t know any City fan that wants Pep to go. But…

Sir Alex Ferguson (The Scum)
Sir Matt Busby (The Scum)
Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)
Brian Clough (Forest)

Just off the top of my head who stayed too long and the clubs suffered after they left.

To be clear though, I don’t think it’s an issue in our case as we were successful before Pep cam along. Txiki, Ferran and Khaldoun are just as important so we’ll be fine. When Pep’s had his fill, he’ll work with them on his successor much as he did in Munich. One more contract please.

There is bound to be more of it than you think. Heck one or two on here have suggested it.

If I try, I can get to a point of understanding (not agreeing with) that view. Pep put it out there himself after all with his, 'I love spaghetti, but cant have spaghetti every day' analogy.

Where it then falls apart is, the next step in it. i.e Who's next then, who do you want instead. And that's when you realize there is just noone better, to hypothetically take over. We can't agree which manager to imagine in a hypothetical three years away, never mind thinking of one to take over from pep right now, just because someone might feel they might 'fancy a bit of a change'.

On not finding the football exciting though, that part, I can't understand, try as I may.
I can (a bit). Think back to the Arsenal away game where Sane ripped them to bits and we scored that goal with about 30 passes. Look at the speed of pass and contrast it with most of our games now. I haven't done any study but it feels like we are so much slower. Not all of that is down to low blocks as we have always had to cope with them. I do prefer fast and precise football and I feel we used to play that more.
I am enjoying the football less but that doesn't mean I want him to leave.

Is there any Italian around here? Which country do you prefer to win the World Cup? since italy is not present

I can (a bit). Think back to the Arsenal away game where Sane ripped them to bits and we scored that goal with about 30 passes. Look at the speed of pass and contrast it with most of our games now. I haven't done any study but it feels like we are so much slower. Not all of that is down to low blocks as we have always had to cope with them. I do prefer fast and precise football and I feel we used to play that more.
I am enjoying the football less but that doesn't mean I want him to leave.

I just don't get how a team averaging 3 goals a game can be playing unexciting football.

I think some people are missing the point. I don’t know any City fan that wants Pep to go. But…

Sir Alex Ferguson (The Scum)
Sir Matt Busby (The Scum)
Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)
Brian Clough (Forest)

Just off the top of my head who stayed too long and the clubs suffered after they left.

To be clear though, I don’t think it’s an issue in our case as we were successful before Pep cam along. Txiki, Ferran and Khaldoun are just as important so we’ll be fine. When Pep’s had his fill, he’ll work with them on his successor much as he did in Munich. One more contract please.
Add in the ‘anfield boot room’ to a point. Liverpool thought they would carry on on that vein forever but eventually it cost the club 29 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.