Pep's contract situation

They are fucking idiots and they don’t seem to have a clue about what the likes of Mansour does as business. This is the guy who stepped in during the banking crisis of 2008 and propped up Barclays Bank, then made a shit ton of money from it. The UAE is a centre for science and tech, they realised they needed to move away from oil well over 25 years ago so embarked on the construction of tourism attractions within the country. Mansour owns Yas Marina f1 circuit, he has a stake in Ferrari. I think he did buy the Chrysler building in New York at one point (but may have sold it now).

You could have stopped at " don't seem to have a clue " .

This is exactly why they are rag supporters .

I hope we know in advance when he's leaving.

I think he deserves a long send off, a last dance kind of season. I don't want to get to March 2025 and find out he's not extending. I think the media and opposition fans will really soften up when they know he's going and he'll get a bit of a victory lap.

It would also be great if he could just win the CL finally so people outside the club can finally just sit back and look at what he's done without focusing on the one trophy he's not won.

RAWK....

The next 10-20 years are the "make hay while the sun shines" years for oil money. City will be dropped by the Sheikh as soon as oil revenues drop to low levels permanently.
They don't have to like how we are funded, I'm not sure I like how we are funded, but how can they not fucking see what is going on given their own club is clearly part of this.

Chelsea were bought for $172.4m and sold for $5.2 billion. Liverpool and United are both on the market because they're looking at that and thinking they're worth double.

If you put investment on the pitch, and a decent marketing team, the existing international rights distribution, European football, and premier league brand is a slam dunk on your investment if you get your structure right. United haven't even done that for 10 years and they're still making money.

If I was a multi-billionaire looking to spread my investments from oil and gas to a diversified portfolio, I'd add a couple of social media and comms companies, a few sports and entertainment franchises, and a lot of small investments in health, science and tech.

He gets us and he gets the media and what they are all about. I reckon he gets more pleasure out of taking the piss out of them than when we win as half the time they don't even realise it.
One thing that has always pissed me off is when the odd poster on here says he doesn't "get us". I know he's always speaking in a second language, but he's a sarcastic pisstaker with a chip his on shoulder who takes football very seriously but not that seriously at all. Some of the stuff he comes out with in pressers could have been gallows humour on the kippax if he delivered it differently, and the journos miss it constantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.