Pep's contract situation

It'll be a dark day when Pep decides to call it a day with us. We all know that day is inevitable, and likely sooner rather than later. Two more years if we're lucky, to make it the round decade. Enjoy him while we have him.

I reckon if Xabi Alonso consolidates his success next season, he's probably the most obvious candidate to replace Pep in terms of profile and they (Pep + others) might decide to make that change while he's available.

I think he will stay around for the Club World Cup next year. I’m sure he’d like his name on the inaugural trophy. After that is anyone’s guess: I think he’ll manage England, maybe after a year long sabbatical.
I think Pep will struggle with any national team bar Spain (he won’t because of the Catalan stuff) Argentina and Brazil, the reason is his style of play needs a certain type of player, all happy on the ball and skillful from the back, England do not have that, no way he can get his system to work having players for only a couple of weeks at a time. I hope he does at least ten and signs off with another CL.

As I guessed in either this or another thread, the warning signs will be when he gets a number 2 in for a season.

He's not going to bunk off before the new World Championship or the new stand is opened and think someone like Alonso will pop over from BL after having a go at the CL with them, spend 12 months learning the full Pep way.

Pep won't want to 'shit on us' like Bingo did, he has real respect for our top brass and us mere mortals.

Arteta will take over when Pep leaves
Arteta walked out with his legohead held high and most blues respected him for what he'd done as Pep's right hand man.

However, think most blues wouldn't want him back now because he's become an ungracious argumentative twat at Arsenal.

I just hope whatever is planned by the club, it isn’t as cringeworthy as what Liverpool dragged out with Klopp.

Alonso.

Either Real Madrid or City.

Who else is there in possibly one season’s time?

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.