Pep's contract situation

Not sure how true it is but I'm hearing that next season will be Pep's last with us and he'll be taking over as manager of New York City FC. De Bruyne possibly going there too.
There's more chance of Gordon Ramsay flipping burgers at McDonald's, than Pep putting himself through the torture of management, at that level.

I doubt that. I doubt they would cut something short, to land someone who might be becoming available.

Seen a few suggest this, like Pep would somehow sacrifice himself and the club back it, to land someone in case they end up elsewhere. Can't see that.

They will either know well ahead and that person will wait, or they will take stock within 6 months of a clear decision by Pep. But can't see them going, oh pep wants to do another year but xabi might be u available next year so let's just all call it a day now, just in case.

We dondo it with players, we sure as fuck won't be doing it with Pep.
Oh no, I don't it'd play like that, we'll obviously keep him for as long as we possibly can and as long as he wants.

I mean if he's feeling jaded and wavering over whether to sign on for another year, I think the availability of a worthy successor (there's very, very few) might play a role in his decision making.

Pep is going nowhere, he always says this kinda thing. I'm sure he does always have to look for some new inspiration, but the great thing is there is always something new to aim for; Five titles in a row, Back-to-back Champion's Leagues, The Expanded Club World Cup, *The* Quadruple, A Season Unbeaten, Two Seasons Unbeaten, Getting Haaland to beat Dixie Dean's record, Passing Ferguson's trophy count, etc etc.

Kompany to Bayern if it happens will be great news for Vinnie, great news for Bayern, and great news for us. A long and successful reign in Bavaria would set him up as the prime long-term target for when the time eventually comes that we do have to crown a new Caesar.

In the mean time, Long Live Pep, and "Drink It All In"!!

Pep is going nowhere, he always says this kinda thing. I'm sure he does always have to look for some new inspiration, but the great thing is there is always something new to aim for; Five titles in a row, Back-to-back Champion's Leagues, The Expanded Club World Cup, *The* Quadruple, A Season Unbeaten, Two Seasons Unbeaten, Getting Haaland to beat Dixie Dean's record, Passing Ferguson's trophy count, etc etc.

Kompany to Bayern if it happens will be great news for Vinnie, great news for Bayern, and great news for us. A long and successful reign in Bavaria would set him up as the prime long-term target for when the time eventually comes that we do have to crown a new Caesar.

In the mean time, Long Live Pep, and "Drink It All In"!!
Kompany will be the luckiest man on earth if he gets that gig. If he cuts the mustard at Bayern then it may set a path to us though. Hopefully Pep never leaves!

4/5 more years will do. It’s home now and you don’t need to leave. The squad will continue to refresh and you can get all obsessive about trying to beat your own records.

Take a year away maybe. Gundo or Komps can come in until you are ready to return.

pep is building legacy here that will not be matched elsewhere. I don’t see the drama and unless he burns out then keep renewing the 1 year deals. The club and supporters will have to manage without him one day and we will. We have beaten football. The rest is a breeze now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.