Pep's contract situation

I’m sure this has already been discussed, but when Pep said he was “closer to leaving than to stay”, I got the impression he was making a joke in limited English that he was closer to the end than the beginning, meaning he’s not going to be here in another 8 years. Nothing he said afterwards suggested he was more likely to leave after next season - on the contrary, it seemed very dependent on how he feels then and how the players respond next year.

I’m sure this has already been discussed, but when Pep said he was “closer to leaving than to stay”, I got the impression he was making a joke in limited English that he was closer to the end than the beginning, meaning he’s not going to be here in another 8 years. Nothing he said afterwards suggested he was more likely to leave after next season - on the contrary, it seemed very dependent on how he feels then and how the players respond next year.

Only theeese.

Exactly - but thick people don't get nuance.

Best scenario (apart from Pep staying forever) is as follows.

- Pep signs for another year after next, taking his total to ten.

- Vinnie signs for Bayern and takes them to multiple league titles and CL finals (where we beat them twice), playing a city style of football.

- Bayern look to improve Vinnie's contract only for him to confess that he wants to return home to be with his family and the love of his life, City.

- Pep's leaves in a trail of glory having won another two trebles, crowning him as the untouchable, undesputed best manager the world has ever seen. He goes off on a much deserved sabbatical.

- The reins are handed over to Kompany who goes on to almost beat Pep's record during another ten year tenure at God's own club.

- The rest will be written in the stars.

CTID
All of this, but pushed a few more years down the line. Get Pep to 12 years, giving VK four years wearing the lederhosen.

Tough one, as as long are we are setting records I think the winner inside of him will want to stay.

Will we be the first team to do back to back doubles after Saturday?

They hear what they want to hear…..

Personally I heard I’m fuckin staying until every single fucking record & trophy count has been smashed. I’ll make sure that Piss stained **** & what he won will pale into significance when I’m done.

De Zerbi is a shocking man manager, same school as Mancini.

Pep's greatest and least talked about strength is man management, it's outstanding and far more important than his tactical ability.

Agreed, I was agreeing more with the idea of getting a promsing young manager in next to Pep for a year to provide continuity. Not likely but, as I say, nothing is impossible to the visionaries that run our club.

It’s Enrique then Alonso for me at the moment but I’d only prefer to talk about new managers once there’s a vacancy.

The thing I think Pep has to factor in as well is no other manager has passed him by tactically. He considered the best mind in the game right now. It seems like it would be hard to move on when you are still top of the tree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.