Pep's contract situation

Thomas Frank? Danish Stoke City? No thanks.
Definitely not my top choice but he's a good manager. Let's not pretend that Brentford have provided Frank with a incredible squad to work with full of top players - they only have one that could get into a top 6 side (Toney).

It’s the hope that kills you.

Personally, I hope Pep stays because he is by far the best manager in the world and with Klopp going also, the Premier League will be poorer. But after 9 years and with everything he has achieved, you couldn’t blame him if he did call it a day.

I firmly believe that Xavi would be a great candidate to replace Pep should Pep decide to leave, I think he will be on Txiki's shortlist.
He has been in teams managed by Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Pep and Luis Enrique and I think he has done a great job when he has barely been able to sign any players due to lack of resources.
Not to mention the media environment that surrounds Barça and that hammers any coach, even Pep himself, who decided to leave Barça because of that.

giphy.gif

Get him within distance of overtaking the Pisscan and he might stay another decade!

What do long term contracts even mean? Didn't Klopp have 3 or 4 years left on his deal? A manager could leave at any time even if he is tied down.

A long-term contract is really just a statement of financial obligation to the manager.

To be fair, I can’t see Pep as one to break a contract. Especially not to Txiki, Khaldoon and Soriano. Probably why we’ve only ever seen 1/2-year extensions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.