Pep's contract situation

Bring Gundo back for next season as player assistant then let him take over

Big feeling he will be an unbelievable manager
He needs to get experience at a smaller club if he wants to manage. No reason for us to be taking chances on coaches with no experience.

IMG_0791.jpeg
Doesn’t sound like a decision has been made yet, though he could just be saying the right things.

We are not replacing the greatest manager of his generation with the Oxford United manager ffs
I'm guessing he is the Oxford manager as he particularly wanted that job.
Led Mumbai to a league title for the CFG group and will be managing at a higher level.
I think Peps replacement will probably be Michel but I was replying to a poster that mentioned what junior coach might be happy to be work with Pep for a year

He needs to get experience at a smaller club if he wants to manage. No reason for us to be taking chances on coaches with no experience.

Arsenal did
So did Barca with Pep

We’re so well set up from top to bottom plus Gundo knowing exactly how Pep does it while also having an elite football brain makes me willing to take the chance

If there was an ideal manager out there to try for then ok but there’s nobody we could bring in that would give me anymore confidence than I’d feel if we gave Gundo the job

I'm happy either way. Im beyond grateful and privileged to have had 8 years of him when Barca and Bayern only had 4 and 3. We're lucky.

On the other hand, i embrace change and would actually look forward to a new set up as long as it's not Pep lite as that will be a recipe for disaster.

Before that though hopefully we have him beyond a decade and another 4/5 trophies in the pot.

We all dread the day Pep leaves but it will happen at some point. He will leave this club as a dominant winning machine. Broken every record and destroyed the rags/dips.

Centurions
Domestic treble
Treble
Back to back
4 in a row
Champions league

If he wants to take a year or two in New York before coming back then that’s fine with me -:)

We all love the man and what he has done for our club. Sad but so proud to have been part of this journey.

Still think he stays 10 seasons.

Even if the story is true, Guardiola strikes me as quite an impulsive guy, so wouldn’t surprise me at all if he had a change of heart over the next 12 months.

The reason I don't think it is true, is I don't think Pep himself will know or let himself feel like he knows yer. Not saying he will extend, he may well leave. But I just don't think he will have thought let alone decided that far ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.