Pep's contract situation

Yes please Pep.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

nyUe6EJ.gif

I said when he arrived, I think the aim should be getting him to hang around for 8 years, same time Cruyff spent building the modern Barcelona.

If the management can continue to give him what he lacked at Barca and Bayern, support both publicly and privately (I'm sure backing him over the yellow ribbon would have been a good move in that direction) and control over pretty much whatever he wants, then there's no reason for him to fall out with people or get burnt out as he did at Bayern and Barca respectively.

It helps that Italian football is in a shit place at the moment too. If Milan pull themselves together, the ownership situation is sorted out and they put together a solid,City-esque project to get back to the top and topple Juve then they'd be our biggest rivals to keeping him past the contract extension he seems like he'll sign this summer. He's not interested in Ligue 1 or Spain international job.

I interpreted that as just managing in general for ten years.

He’s said in the past he doesn’t want to be a manager when he’s older.

City are closing in on an agreement for the 47-year-old to extend his contract with the club beyond 2019.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands that talks about a contract extension are progressing well.

Yessss Mullock

I interpreted that as just managing in general for ten years.

He’s said in the past he doesn’t want to be a manager when he’s older.
I agree with that, it's also been said he wants to manage a national team, (Brazil were suggested?). I would expect that to be somewhere in his "10 year plan".

Hopefully he will extend for at least two more years.

I agree with that, it's also been said he wants to manage a national team, (Brazil were suggested?). I would expect that to be somewhere in his "10 year plan".

Hopefully he will extend for at least two more years.
Well he'll never manage Spain so I can see too many future options that appeal to Pep. I think we'll get 2-3 more seasons from him and then he may take another sabbatical. He works with such high intensity and desire to succeed, I can't see him managing anyone beyond his mid 50s as I doubt he will still be motivated by then having proved himself and satisfied with what he has achieved in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.