Pep's contract situation

I agree with that, it's also been said he wants to manage a national team, (Brazil were suggested?). I would expect that to be somewhere in his "10 year plan".

Hopefully he will extend for at least two more years.

The issue with national teams is that very few appoint international managers. Brazil would never take a foreign manager imo. I could only see him managing Catalonia in case they would break away which is unlikely.

Can’t see him going back to Barcelona or Bundesliga. The farmer’s league in France is never an option. Serie A is improving but still has many problems, he may go there but would likely inherit a dysfunctional team like Milan or Inter with very few funds to improve, would basically have to work a miracle.

I think Girona could possibly be an option in the future or he could move into an academy role and oversee the development of all the young talents. A role with much less pressure and stress.

He did say he doesn’t want to manage into old age but I don’t think he will walk away from football completely.

It is well known that he went to New York during his last break, so he could well move over to NYCFC then perhaps if he is looking at staying in USA long term, become some kind of Head of 'Americas' for the CFG. Involved in bringing through the talent through our clubs in Uruguay and so forth.

USA Manager would be my bet but hopefully starting after the 2022 World Cup.

He said last year he wants to manage Spain one day but don't know if the whole political issues over there may have quashed that idea.
Surely he'd want a chance of winning something major. Team like Netherlands or Belgium would be my shout. Or even a Spanish speaking country like Argentina

An international job would be an obvious for him and he has burnt his boats with Spain. He likes the USA, he spent a lot of his sabatical time there. There is a strong likelihood that the 2026 World Cup will be in the USA. The home nation will want a good showing from their team and how best to acheive that than giving the best coach in the world 4 years to get the team ready. The USA have the funds and ambition to make him an offer he cannot refuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.