Pep's contract situation

I look at all other potential candidates, and non of them have the wow factor like pep, and that’s what worries me when players like foden who have only ever know pep might start and doubt them when we have a shitty result,

There is only one name where players would sit up and take note and that is zidane, purely just on his name alone, I am not saying we should go for him I am just saying he is the only name I see out there that has the wow factor,

We need obviously a very good tactical coach who fits the city brand and model but they also have to have a big fucking presents and character about them,

Zidane, who has only ever managed Real Madrid for a couple years at a time and who hasn't had a job since 2021?

Yeah, I don't get the Zidane love in either!
Zidane and Xavi only got their jobs because they were club legends, no other club would have given them such responsibility, and might not again. Mind you I guess you could have said similar for Pep back at Barcelona but he did show quality with the B team and did win everything in his first year of management. Both did ok with huge resources and backing and the safety of their stature, but big big risk for anyone that takes them on next.

So do we really expect that Pep has confided in Jack Gaughan a Daily Mail Jounalist and told him that he is leaving at the end of next year. Or alternatively someone very high up who Pep has confided in has gone and leaked this thus soley to Jack Gaughan. Given how many leaks come out of City these days, IE none! I don't think either is plausible. This is clearly bullshit.

So do we really expect that Pep has confided in Jack Gaughan a Daily Mail Jounalist and told him that he is leaving at the end of next year. Or alternatively someone very high up who Pep has confided in has gone and leaked this thus soley to Jack Gaughan. Given how many leaks come out of City these days, IE none! I don't think either is plausible. This is clearly bullshit.

They are not even claiming that much, or that they know what he is thinking. They have thrown that whole 'the feeling is' at it. But they did use capitals and take up a full spread, to show the significance, however.

I'm not as confident at this point. The executives at NYCFC are pretty bullish about their chances of taking him there.

And I think Txiki just wants to retire back to Barcelona when his mate leaves.

Thing is, Pep calls the shots and City bend accordingly. He might consider he doesn't want to make a rod for his own back after reaching the top of the mountain.

I also think it is dangerous for any Club to be wedded to one person. The assumption is City will drop off after Pep, but I'm not so sure?

Real Madrid continue to win, regardless of who manages the team. Our structure is incredible.
Always appreciate your insights mate.

I agree with your thoughts post-Pep as in we are run so well that it will give his successor much more of a chance to hit the ground running.

One worry I would have is if Pep departing coincides with Txixi, Soriano etc also departing. Do you feel Khaldoon (as ever) will have a suitable strategic plan to deal with such an upheaval? Do we have potential replacements for those key posts in house or do you think we will go external for such appointments?

All journalists are chances....Peps contract runs out, he is non committal (as you would expect), he's won the CL, he's won the treble, he's stayed (a lot) longer than expected.....Best guess is probably to go with the 'leaving' and next summer tell anyone who will listen, that you 'broke' the news! ....if Pep stays, the 'circumstances changed' excuse will be used ....journalism is not rocket science ;)

All journalists are chances....Peps contract runs out, he is non committal (as you would expect), he's won the CL, he's won the treble, he's stayed (a lot) longer than expected.....Best guess is probably to go with the 'leaving' and next summer tell anyone who will listen, that you 'broke' the news! ....if Pep stays, the 'circumstances changed' excuse will be used ....journalism is not rocket science ;)

Bang on, this. The fact we have seen it twice already as well. One day they will be right of course. But nothing at all out there just now to say that day is today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.