Pep's contract situation

Always appreciate your insights mate.

I agree with your thoughts post-Pep as in we are run so well that it will give his successor much more of a chance to hit the ground running.

One worry I would have is if Pep departing coincides with Txixi, Soriano etc also departing. Do you feel Khaldoon (as ever) will have a suitable strategic plan to deal with such an upheaval? Do we have potential replacements for those key posts in house or do you think we will go external for such appointments?
I wouldn't worry, the 'hierarchy' would have had plans for any of them leaving every year since any of them have been here.....you seriously don't think Khaldoon/Mansour will be on the phone asking each other "what do we do now".

All journalists are chances....Peps contract runs out, he is non committal (as you would expect), he's won the CL, he's won the treble, he's stayed (a lot) longer than expected.....Best guess is probably to go with the 'leaving' and next summer tell anyone who will listen, that you 'broke' the news! ....if Pep stays, the 'circumstances changed' excuse will be used ....journalism is not rocket science ;)
Precisely, that is why I never ever read this click bait nonsense. Other blues shouldn't either. It just adds to the sad so called journos circulation.

Jesus Maloney !!
I wish people would read properly on here, I never said I wanted or that we should appoint zidane, I was just stating the fact all the other candidates don't have a big stature about them as where zidane does,

That’s all I was stating, but for me personally I don’t see anyone out there currently who is really appealing,

Maybe they go down the stop gap route again like they did with Pelegrini until pep became available,

We just new before pep arrived that he was gonna be success here, but the current crop of managers out there I would have doubts about all of them being a success here,

I look at all other potential candidates, and non of them have the wow factor like pep, and that’s what worries me when players like foden who have only ever know pep might start and doubt them when we have a shitty result,

There is only one name where players would sit up and take note and that is zidane, purely just on his name alone, I am not saying we should go for him I am just saying he is the only name I see out there that has the wow factor,

We need obviously a very good tactical coach who fits the city brand and model but they also have to have a big fucking presents and character about them,
Not got the wow factor in this country - that’s why Chelsea or rags aren’t going for him?

What do you think of Xavi? Not backed at Barca had to settle for 3rd/4th choice on signings but still won a league. Plays a similar style. Did well in the champions league. I’d like to see how he does when fully backed by a club like us.

He's a lunatic, don't think I've watched a Barcelona game he didn't end up getting sent to the stands after screaming about corruption down the camera lense, and I watched more than one!

What do you think of Xavi? Not backed at Barca had to settle for 3rd/4th choice on signings but still won a league. Plays a similar style. Did well in the champions league. I’d like to see how he does when fully backed by a club like us.
He needs to control his temper though.

Always appreciate your insights mate.

I agree with your thoughts post-Pep as in we are run so well that it will give his successor much more of a chance to hit the ground running.

One worry I would have is if Pep departing coincides with Txixi, Soriano etc also departing. Do you feel Khaldoon (as ever) will have a suitable strategic plan to deal with such an upheaval? Do we have potential replacements for those key posts in house or do you think we will go external for such appointments?
I feel like Soriano would likely stay? He has a pretty good gig being in charge of CFG

Pep and Txiki leave together I think though

I wish people would read properly on here, I never said I wanted or that we should appoint zidane, I was just stating the fact all the other candidates don't have a big stature about them as where zidane does,

That’s all I was stating, but for me personally I don’t see anyone out there currently who is really appealing,

Maybe they go down the stop gap route again like they did with Pelegrini until pep became available,

We just new before pep arrived that he was gonna be success here, but the current crop of managers out there I would have doubts about all of them being a success here,
Once Pep does leave then the outstanding candidate is Arteta. Knows the club, the City, has done a great job at the Arse playing a great style of football. Like wary Pep wears his heart on his sleeve and has obviously soaked in a lot of what Pep has taught.
Any logic says that if he can be prised away from his current position then he is our best chance to keep the ship steady.

For me i dont think he will leave and only reason he has not extented is too wait until the 115 charges are dealth with. He still has a year to run so whats the rush, and from a City point of view it makes sense as can you imagine the melt down when City do get cleared and then to announce a big new contract for Pep, it will be epic, the ultimate fu&k you to the rest.

Once Pep does leave then the outstanding candidate is Arteta. Knows the club, the City, has done a great job at the Arse playing a great style of football. Like wary Pep wears his heart on his sleeve and has obviously soaked in a lot of what Pep has taught.
Any logic says that if he can be prised away from his current position then he is our best chance to keep the ship steady.
Treacherous.

He won't be back !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.