Pep's contract situation

This year with the World Club Cup always struck me as his last one and I’m quite relaxed on it.

However, I don’t rule out him extending.

Talking about it today and my Wife said where does he go.

Nothing stands out at all.

Juventus.

He better stay as I have been lording it over every single red fan I can find now for 8 seasons. Baldy I am not ready for a reality check. So for the sake of my mental health can you just sign the fucking extension. If anyone erm knows where he is holidaying I might explain the situation to his person.

Once Pep does leave then the outstanding candidate is Arteta. Knows the club, the City, has done a great job at the Arse playing a great style of football. Like wary Pep wears his heart on his sleeve and has obviously soaked in a lot of what Pep has taught.
Any logic says that if he can be prised away from his current position then he is our best chance to keep the ship steady.
Be tough to prize him away because of his love for arsenal, and once pep leaves that'll be a major chance for him to scoop up a title with arsenal and add more silverware to his name there.

I wouldn't worry, the 'hierarchy' would have had plans for any of them leaving every year since any of them have been here.....you seriously don't think Khaldoon/Mansour will be on the phone asking each other "what do we do now".
No, but it’s still going to be a big deal to successfully replace them as and when the time comes.

I prefer the decision to be made before PL starts in mid August if he renews or he starts his last season.
likely this is something that comes up in negotiation anyway for any serious top transfer target. if we sign a youngster they probably wont make it dependent on Pep's future but if we are in for someone of Haaland, Bellingham etc level, they likely want to know if we have Pep for 10 more months and its all a big farewell and huge change soon which can shake the club a bit or stays much longer.

we used his pulling power a lot over last few years at transfers.

he sounded tired recently but this season was really draining, with transfer not really as good as the outgoings, lot of issues, lot of players dropped their form, very hard competition where we had to get more points than last season, KDB long injury, loss of serious experience in Mahrez, Gundo etc. , constant media attacks,that brutal CL exit vs Real, it just shows when Pep last few weeks mentioned numerous times how our net spend is lower actually than some rivals, yet City is hold to standards other arent. yet articles all about City spend as much as they want, easy for them to win titles and also 115, asterisk etc. lol
few weeks of family time, vacation, and imo he will be back hungry ready to go and ready to reshape City a bit as this season showed another change is needed. this also helps the keep hunger of the squad, playing bit differently each year...
and if he has to reshape this side he needs 3/4 new top players as some top players soon reach the end at City (KDB, Walker and there is no guarantee some other dont try to leave (Ortega, Alvarez, Bernardo etc for more game time, new adventure etc)

its about to be a sick season with Euros just about to start and go until mid July leaving very little time for some of our players to properly relax (we should have some pre season friendlies already end of July without half of our squad probably), then new format CL where group stage is gone and we need to finish as high as we can of 36 clubs nd more games to play vs more decent clubs. (we didnt really have heavy hitter in group stage last few years now we deffo gonna play 4 games vs the top 16 clubs in Europe based on coeff points), then once season over we are in a club world cup with brutal extra fixtures.

somewhere I saw it could be as much as 75 club games if we max out games in most comps. I assume we gonna have more injuries simply than this season.
in the treble winning season we did have "only" 61 games.
I dont think this should be a farewell season if want it to be a great season. this will be a brutal hard season. potential 5th in a row title.

on another note I cannot see Pep going to another european club right now. even if he takes a year off, where he goes after that. PSG could give him support but that league is simply not a challenge. 2nd, 3rd, 4th best French teams wouldnt finish top half of PL.
and taking on a national side like Brazil, Argentina, England etc. way too early for him its something he should do at age 60/65 not age 53.
someone so crazy about details, football, tactics, winning, they cannot just retire in their 50's and live a boring life not working.

what we need is a brutal good transfer window, 2 players signed who walks into the starting 11 and scares the shit out of rivals + replace any outgoing squad players and Pep extending till 2027 and go for the jugular after that while we clear our name of these fake charges.
do this and we probably win another 2 titles in next 3 seasons and maybe another CL.
this is what Khaldoon has too sell Pep.

Last edited:
I can imagine that the stress and pressure must be absolutely incredible and there must be a real risk of burnout with any top manager, let alone someone with the standards that Pep sets.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no other club side that would be set up to back him totally and completely. The club has been built for him pretty much and I doubt he'd get anywhere near the same level of support him anywhere else in the world. I genuinely doubt he'd want to build a team in Saudi and unless Barcelona needed someone to come back in I don't see him going there. My guess is that his next move will be into international football.

I've said for a long time now that once Southgate goes, the England job will look very appealing to him. He knows the players - Walker, Stones, Grealish, Foden and Lewis. Plus in Kane and Rice there's 2 players he wanted at City. I also think he could get TAA to play at international level and would be able to get Trippier and Shaw playing at a much higher level. Throw in other players like Saka etc and there's a lot for him to work with.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Southgate go to United, a caretaker comes in for a year then Pep takes over.

I can imagine that the stress and pressure must be absolutely incredible and there must be a real risk of burnout with any top manager, let alone someone with the standards that Pep sets.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no other club side that would be set up to back him totally and completely. The club has been built for him pretty much and I doubt he'd get anywhere near the same level of support him anywhere else in the world. I genuinely doubt he'd want to build a team in Saudi and unless Barcelona needed someone to come back in I don't see him going there. My guess is that his next move will be into international football.

I've said for a long time now that once Southgate goes, the England job will look very appealing to him. He knows the players - Walker, Stones, Grealish, Foden and Lewis. Plus in Kane and Rice there's 2 players he wanted at City. I also think he could get TAA to play at international level and would be able to get Trippier and Shaw playing at a much higher level. Throw in other players like Saka etc and there's a lot for him to work with.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Southgate go to United, a caretaker comes in for a year then Pep takes over.
As long as it's not a job swap to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.