Pep's contract situation

I can imagine that the stress and pressure must be absolutely incredible and there must be a real risk of burnout with any top manager, let alone someone with the standards that Pep sets.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no other club side that would be set up to back him totally and completely. The club has been built for him pretty much and I doubt he'd get anywhere near the same level of support him anywhere else in the world. I genuinely doubt he'd want to build a team in Saudi and unless Barcelona needed someone to come back in I don't see him going there. My guess is that his next move will be into international football.

I've said for a long time now that once Southgate goes, the England job will look very appealing to him. He knows the players - Walker, Stones, Grealish, Foden and Lewis. Plus in Kane and Rice there's 2 players he wanted at City. I also think he could get TAA to play at international level and would be able to get Trippier and Shaw playing at a much higher level. Throw in other players like Saka etc and there's a lot for him to work with.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Southgate go to United, a caretaker comes in for a year then Pep takes over.
Might actually be a brilliant move all round.

1. Pep takes over as England manager, but because he has so much time in between internationals, he can stay on and help out at City in an advisory capacity.
2. Gundo completes his coaching badges and becomes City manager, assisted by Pep from the sidelines.

Nobody knows for sure. A couple of media types who historically have had reliable City think he is moving on at the end of next season.
It's a brilliant spot by them, isn't it! I don't know how they found out of worked it out. They really are experts in soccer. :-) I wonder what the clue was?

Reading the news today about pep convincing Bayern to hire kompany. If he was going surely he’d have told Vinny to stick it out for a year then take over from him
Kompany still has too much to prove in my eyes and he won't be able to do that in a season at bayern I don't think, from what I've seen from kompany so far as manager I've not been overly impressed.

Flick two year contract at Barca. Can see Pep leaving us in 2025, take a break for a year and then return to Barca under Laporta in 2026.

He's repeatedly said he would never go back to Barcelona

But that's just something he says, right? It is Pep, he routinely says things he doesn't mean. Like that he is 'happy' here, or that he will 'discuss his future with the club' next season, or that we 'deserve' praise.

Pep can leave with my blessing tomorrow, Manchester City has been around for 130 years and will be around forever and the club is bigger than any manager/player/owners

The Fans are the most important asset to the club, The fans past or present or in the good or bad times have been the witnesses to the drama of a match day, The stories that have unfolded over the years, Only us City fans know how it feels to be blues,

Every owner, Every manager, and Every player, That Comes and Goes leaves their mark, But the fans turn up to witness the next capture,

We will go on and on and on on on
Pretty much sums up how I feel. Will always be grateful for the Pep era but whether that finishes next season or in a decade, it will finish and we’ll still be here.

Be gutted when Pep leaves although I believe we will have the succession planning in place. There are a few Issues for me. Txiki will most likely go too and its hard finding the right person for that role. Then we have current players and future players. They will want some form of view of what the future looks like. Hope it doesn't cause some unrest. Don't want it like the Klopp or pisscan farewells.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.