Pep's contract situation

In a way, it's a poisoned chalice. If the new guy comes in and wins the PL, it'll be "well; Guardiola won 6 of them". That's why the Moyesiah was destined to fail at "The World's Greatest Club"™; he was following (like it or not) an outstanding manager. That last title they won; it was a bang average squad, but GPC got them over the line. Signing Van Persie helped, mind. Without him, they wouldn't have won it. See Moyes' first season, with pretty much the same squad?
A lot would depend upon how the side evolved, and if the style of football changed.

Pep early sides were incredibly exciting on the eye, pace, wingers lot's of chances created and devastating counter attacks.

That's evolved and become far safer and more machine like, at likes this last season it was often dull with constant possession but few chances created.

Someone could come in a tweak that somewhat, but whoever does come in after Pep is going to have to go some to get any recognition.

A lot would depend upon how the side evolved, and if the style of football changed.

Pep early sides were incredibly exciting on the eye, pace, wingers lot's of chances created and devastating counter attacks.

That's evolved and become far safer and more machine like, at likes this last season it was often dull with constant possession but few chances created.

Someone could come in a tweak that somewhat, but whoever does come in after Pep is going to have to go some to get any recognition.

It's not City's fault games have become a little boring at times. Over the last 2/3 seasons more clubs have arrived at the Etihad playing deeper and deeper as seasons went on. Including Arsenal believe it or not. (To me they blinked first).

It's not City's fault games have become a little boring at times. Over the last 2/3 seasons more clubs have arrived at the Etihad playing deeper and deeper as seasons went on. Including Arsenal believe it or not. (To me they blinked first).

Being defensive is not a new thing, our more exiting teams had to deal with that as well. We have become very possession orientated. It has been very successful but it is not pleasing on the eye.

We are the Floyd Mayweather of football.

Being defensive is not a new thing, our more exiting teams had to deal with that as well. We have become very possession orientated. It has been very successful but it is not pleasing on the eye.

Trebles, 4 PLs on the trot. Perhaps I'm the wrong type of City supporter who enjoys success? David Silva made a difference in previous seasons but such players are not available so often.

Last edited:

I remember us being the Bruce Seldon of Boxing!

Meh, when I saw Real Madrid tuck their tail, play 11 in the box defense, and played for pk’s, I knew right then and there that they knew we were a far better team than them. I was shocked to see the greatest team ever not willing to playus. Yes it can be boring but we aren’t the ones who play boring. When teams nut up and play, the games are usually very exciting, like the Real Madrid game at the Bernabéu

Meh, when I saw Real Madrid tuck their tail, play 11 in the box defense, and played for pk’s, I knew right then and there that they knew we were a far better team than them. I was shocked to see the greatest team ever not willing to playus. Yes it can be boring but we aren’t the ones who play boring. When teams nut up and play, the games are usually very exciting, like the Real Madrid game at the Bernabéu

I bet they feel silly now, if only they had attacked more they could have won the cham.........

Oh yeah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.