Pep's contract situation

I'm certainly not in the know, but I just have a gut feeling Pep will extend. He understandably looks tired at the end of every season, but after a bit of down time and a break he's back up for the challenge (5 in a row and CL Pep - C'mon you know you want it!). He loves it here, loves the club, loves the challenge, is treated very well, and pretty much has autonomy in the decision making process. Obviously as each year passes, his leaving becomes ever closer. However, I wonder if he would be tempted to sign a rolling year contract which wouldn't tie him in for a number of years and instead give him the flexibility to decide at the end of every season.

I'd love to see the piss that would boil when the prayers of our rivals are finally answered and Pep finally goes, only for the new guy to come in and continue the success.
In a way, it's a poisoned chalice. If the new guy comes in and wins the PL, it'll be "well; Guardiola won 6 of them". That's why the Moyesiah was destined to fail at "The World's Greatest Club"™; he was following (like it or not) an outstanding manager. That last title they won; it was a bang average squad, but GPC got them over the line. Signing Van Persie helped, mind. Without him, they wouldn't have won it. See Moyes' first season, with pretty much the same squad?

I'm certainly not in the know, but I just have a gut feeling Pep will extend. He understandably looks tired at the end of every season, but after a bit of down time and a break he's back up for the challenge (5 in a row and CL Pep - C'mon you know you want it!). He loves it here, loves the club, loves the challenge, is treated very well, and pretty much has autonomy in the decision making process. Obviously as each year passes, his leaving becomes ever closer. However, I wonder if he would be tempted to sign a rolling year contract which wouldn't tie him in for a number of years and instead give him the flexibility to decide at the end of every season.
I think the rolling yearly contract only works if he has a number 2 that takes over

In a way, it's a poisoned chalice. If the new guy comes in and wins the PL, it'll be "well; Guardiola won 6 of them". That's why the Moyesiah was destined to fail at "The World's Greatest Club"™; he was following (like it or not) an outstanding manager. That last title they won; it was a bang average squad, but GPC got them over the line. Signing Van Persie helped, mind. Without him, they wouldn't have won it. See Moyes' first season, with pretty much the same squad?
Moyes was destined to fail because he was wank. Although it was an aging squad, Moyes' 'style' of play was the complete antithesis to the gpc's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.