Pep's contract situation

Pep first love will always be Barca.
Of course. But he couldn't cope mentally with how the politics at Barca work. Thats why he’ll never go back.

Pep will never have what he has at City, anywhere else. In terms of Txixi and their 30+ year friendship and how the club is set up for him from top to bottom. Its a big thing for him to walk away from all that. Hence why he has lasted as long as he has and is now talking about possibly staying longer.

I think many were shocked we got him in the first place. But for him to last 8 seasons up to this point is frankly astounding!!

Where could he go? Spain, no. Madrid, no! Barca, not again. PSG, just dont see it. Juve, maybe but Italy isnt what it once was. No one else in the UK. US (NYC), maybe but he’s a bit young for that football backwater at this stage. England national team, not sure.

So there are limited options and none will give him what he has here. You can understand his quandary!! Im hopeful he stays…!!

Last edited:
Not sure why managers don't just sign 10 year contracts with adequate get out clauses for both parties just to shut stupid journalists up

Yep did this few years back! Klopp signed a 4/5 year deal then went 12 months later!

Think pep wants to keep his players honest is why I'd presume we been through this now 2/3 times

Probably helps when City want to pay him a reported £35m a year and give him a stake in CFG too
How could you say no?

You really think that's all there is to it?
Do you know anything about Barca's ownership structure compared to ours and why he had to walk away from the club that he loves for the sake of his health?
It's really not "simples".
I really don't care about what happened to him at Barca or for that matter Bayern, he is entering his ninth season with us with the prospect of him signing another extension, that's all City fans should be bothered about. Who gives a flying one that he is a Barca fan, he's our manager not theirs that is all that counts.

Of course. But he couldn't cope mentally with how the politics at Barca work. Thats why he’ll never go back.

Pep will never have what he has at City, anywhere else. In terms of Txixi and their 30+ year friendship and how the club is set up for him from top to bottom. Its a big thing for him to walk away from all that. Hence why he has lasted as long as he has and is now talking about possibly staying longer.

I think many were shocked we got him in the first place. But for him to last 8 seasons up to this point is frankly astounding!!

Where could he go? Spain, no. Madrid, no! Barca, not again. PSG, just dont see it. Juve, maybe but Italy isnt what it once was. No one else in the UK. US (NYC), maybe but he’s a bit young for that football backwater at this stage. England national team, not sure.

So there are limited options and none will give him what he has here. You can under his quandary!! Im hopeful he stays…!!

Pep is obviously very happy at City and I agree that he must find it hard to imagine another club job where he would be more comfortable.

He will know that you can get too comfortable and that is one reason he won’t over stay his welcome but there’s no sense of him having reached that point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.