Pep's contract situation

We are going to need a midfield re-build in next two years max.

KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Nunes.

Does Pep have the desire to want to oversee it, or is this the perfect time to bring someone else in?

If so, IMHO, the club must surely be looking at Thomas Frank?
I’ve always had some suspicion that Zidane is waiting for Pep to leave us.
Alonso would be a big candidate for me.
If Alonso goes to Madrid, I’d welcome Ancelotti and I think he’d love to come here as he’s never shy of chancing his arm anywhere.
What Luis Enrique did with Barcelona was excellent, hard to judge anyone at Paris though.

Thomas Frank would definitely be amongst the names on that list.

More than anything, I’d like Pep to do a nice round dozen years and sign until 2027 and then again to 2028 for one more year.

My feeling based on nothing but watching him and the squad (and contrarty to the media rumours and interpretation) is that he will extend. Feelings, eh.

Either way, I take him at his word that nothing is set or decided yet, and that the discussions he has when he sits with the club are going to be open and honest. I'm not buying this theory that everyone around the club already knows he is off.
I hope he only agrees to stay if the club pulls its finger out and splashes the cash on a KDB replacement and Rodri & Haaland back up. It feels like he’s having to make do and find solutions to problems that better recruitment would solve in an instant.

Last edited:
I hope he only agrees to stay if the club pulls its finger out and splashes the cash on a KDB replacement and Rodri back up. It feels like he’s having to make do and find solutions to problems that better recruitment would solve in an instant.
Couldn’t agree more
I think sometimes being Pep Guardiola doesn’t work in his favour because Soriano and Txiki think he can solve it all and don’t spend the money.
He’s saved the club so much in transfer fees over the years.

Frank would be my shout too. Very understated what he has done there
Pep will be allowed to refit the team with probably 3/ 4 top young but experienced players to secure our immediate/mid term future.

Alonso is the chosen one to take over if
continues/maintains his current trajectory.

I’ve always had some suspicion that Zidane is waiting for Pep to leave us.
Alonso would be a big candidate for me.
If Alonso goes to Madrid, I’d welcome Ancelotti and I think he’d love to come here as he’s never shy of chancing his arm anywhere.
What Luis Enrique did with Barcelona was excellent, hard to judge anyone at Paris though.

Thomas Frank would definitely be amongst the names on that list.

More than anything, I’d like Pep to do a nice round dozen years and sign until 2027 and then again to 2028 for one more year.
LOL

Zidane will NEVER manage in England.

Frank has done a wonderful job but has never managed elite players, more chance this Frank becomes our manager...

Frank Sidebottom Panic on the streets of Timperley on Make a GIF

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.