Pep's contract situation

He is a top man. Really like him and he fits our wonderful mad club.

Could it be his first tiny issue if Sam lee’s Latest post is to be believed ? Sam has said that pep will rest our big name players for the derby if the champions league game is in the balance? Surely kev, Merlin etc will want to play in a title winning game against the rags?

He is a top man. Really like him and he fits our wonderful mad club.

You're right about him fitting the club, they give him what he wants, and what he doesn't want is dealt with by his trusted mates. He doesn't have to deal with club in fighting, boardroom politics or contract extensions. If he wants a player the club will do their best to get him, and if they don't it'll be because they genuinely can't or the terms are egregious, as was the case with Sanchez, nevertheless, even in the case of Sanchez, I have no doubt that backing out was fully supported by Pep, not because he felt he had to back the board but because he agreed with the decision, in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he made the decision himself.

The fans chant his name, he gets to conquer the most watched league in the world and he's left alone to deal with the football.

He'll either get restless, or external factors will lead to him leaving at some point, but wherever he goes, they'll not give him the freedom and the opportunity he has here.

A one year extension seems a bit underwhelming if true!

£20m a year according to the mirror. I don’t see the point. Offer him three or four more years if we want him to stay or don’t offer an extension and start the search for his replacement now.

One year means sod all except we’ll be paying him a shit load of extra money we didn’t have to pay him.

A one year extension seems a bit underwhelming if true!

remember he signed 4 one year deals at Barcelona.

I don't think a 1 year extension would mean he's only staying here 1 year, more that he won't commit like he didn't commit to Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.