Pep's contract situation

Guardiola responds to England linkspublished at 08:31 British Summer Time​

08:31 BST​

Speaking of Pep Guardiola...

The Manchester City manager was last night speaking on Italian TV show Che tempo Che Fa, as reported by Sky, and suggested "anything can happen" with his future.

That came as Roy Keane urged the Football Association to make the Manchester City manager the next England boss.

Guardiola, winner of six Premier League titles and the Champions League since taking over at the Etihad Stadium in 2016, is out of contract at the end of the current campaign.

"Leaving City? It's not true, I haven't decided yet," Guardiola said.

"And it is not even true that I will be the next England coach.

"If I had decided I would say it... I don't know either, anything can happen."
The longer clippings always provide better insight into what was actually said, instead of the snippets you get on X

Getting to sideshow stage now. You need to shit or get off the pot Pep as it will ruin this season and the one after it the longer this uncertainty runs and runs.

Personally as much as he says he different in public it seems to me like he's waiting on the 115 decision. Why else would he not have extended or said he's leaving already?

Getting to sideshow stage now. You need to shit or get off the pot Pep as it will ruin this season and the one after it the longer this uncertainty runs and runs.

Personally as much as he says he different in public it seems to me like he's waiting on the 115 decision. Why else would he not have extended or said he's leaving already?
Because that's what he's done with his previous extensions. Both announced in November

I agree we need an answer sooner or later.

I had a fascinating chat with a blue at work who reckons the Txiki announcement was a way of the club indirectly putting pressure on Pep insofar as now all the spotlight is on his decision as Txik’s has been clarified. Club probably won’t be ringing him pestering him for an answer, but it’s in there best interests to find out sooner.

The hierarchy and players are the only people it will directly affect and will be the ones to find out what his decision will be, if he has indeed made it yet.

Why do the fans or media need to know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.