Pep's contract situation

The hierarchy and players are the only people it will directly affect and will be the ones to find out what his decision will be, if he has indeed made it yet.

Why do the fans or media need to know?
Obviously us fans would like to know as it gives us an idea of when we will fall back into the pack after Pep ha

Have to say, if the worst happens and Pep is off after the Club World Cup what a nightmare scenario for the incoming manager. No time at all to get your feet under the table before the new season begins and he needs a big revamp in key areas. The director of football is new aswell. You need to replace Kev, Bernardo, Gundo and Walker as well as a Rodri backup/ medium term replacement.

If a new man comes in under those conditions I hope as fans we give him the time and patience he needs to succeed as it seems like one hell of a fucking job to me. We need to throw everything at Pep to sign a new deal to be honest, and I'm sure the Sheikh and Khaldoon are pulling out all the stops.

Have to say, if the worst happens and Pep is off after the Club World Cup what a nightmare scenario for the incoming manager. No time at all to get your feet under the table before the new season begins and he needs a big revamp in key areas. The director of football is new aswell. You need to replace Kev, Bernardo, Gundo and Walker as well as a Rodri backup/ medium term replacement.

If a new man comes in under those conditions I hope as fans we give him the time and patience he needs to succeed as it seems like one hell of a fucking job to me. We need to throw everything at Pep to sign a new deal to be honest, and I'm sure the Sheikh and Khaldoon are pulling out all the stops.
Would be similar to the time a new manager gets after his predecessor is sacked.
We would need to have somebody lined up in the background who is able to make plans and have signings lined up on the quiet.
Sporting Manager springs to mind in this scenario

Would be similar to the time a new manager gets after his predecessor is sacked.
We would need to have somebody lined up in the background who is able to make plans and have signings lined up on the quiet.
Sporting Manager springs to mind in this scenario

I think he's a good fit. My ideal scenario would be he comes in for 2 years as Peps assistant then takes the big job afterwards. He would be an effective conduit between Pep and the new dof Viana and gain experience of the Premier League without being under immediate pressure.

I think he's a good fit. My ideal scenario would be he comes in for 2 years as Peps assistant then takes the big job afterwards. He would be an effective conduit between Pep and the new dof Viana and gain experience of the Premier League without being under immediate pressure.
Ideally Pep signs for another year and then the new DOF gets a full year at the club alongside Pep to establish himself and then at the end Pep's extra year Amorim replaces Pep. To me that's proper succesion planning which is what I would expect from City. It also means that Sporting get time to adjust too.
This is nothing like the farce at other clubs where people are getting sacked and replaced with no real plan. I think this is why Catweazle at Untied is hanging on to Ten Bob, they're trying to do a proper job like City,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.