Pep's contract situation

When Pep finally goes, what the bloody hell are the doom merchants on here going to do?

images

Most likely yes but not inevitably so. I recall (in my dim/distant youth) the scousers having similar concerns when Bill Shankley retired but Paisley was actually more successful. Sorry to pollute the thread with liverpool talk but it was the best example i could conjure up
Or the rags when fergie left and moyes took over :)

Dont see if being Alonso personally as i think Viana will want Amiron in and he`s out of contract 2026 so can see Pep doing one more season to make it 10 and help Viana settle in.
Did I read something on here about if pep wants to do club World Cup he would need to extend for a year. Can’t see him missing out on that.

Just thinking about any new manager, hopefully he won’t do a Brian Clough, ‘you can throw all your medals and trophies in the bin because you haven’t won them fairly’:)

Did I read something on here about if pep wants to do club World Cup he would need to extend for a year. Can’t see him missing out on that.
He'd only need to extend for a month at most. Can't see him missing out on that if he has decided to go, but still expect him to extend his contract anyway

He'd only need to extend for a month at most. Can't see him missing out on that if he has decided to go, but still expect him to extend his contract anyway
The problem with Pep theoretically staying just for the Club World Cup is that the tournament will effectively be a huge part of the pre-season for 2025-26 and it may cause issues with finding a new manager who wants to bring in his own people and have as much time as possible with the squad to put his own imprint on things.
There’s a good chance that leading candidates would be put off by having to deal with that scenario. Replacing Pep is virtually impossible anyway but with those circumstances it’s even more difficult.

Just watched Pep’s pre-match presser.

He gives nothing away but if had to bet I think this is his last season… just a gut feel.

I’d like him to do one more and City appoint Amorim then. I can’t see him staying beyond next season at all.

The questions will continue to come.

Part of me has felt the 115 verdict was perhaps also informing his eventual decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.