Pep's contract situation

The problem with Pep theoretically staying just for the Club World Cup is that the tournament will effectively be a huge part of the pre-season for 2025-26 and it may cause issues with finding a new manager who wants to bring in his own people and have as much time as possible with the squad to put his own imprint on things.
There’s a good chance that leading candidates would be put off by having to deal with that scenario. Replacing Pep is virtually impossible anyway but with those circumstances it’s even more difficult.
But the other side of the coin is equally bad - a new manager thrown in at the deep end with a squad of players he knows nothing about and expected to win a major tournament - and he will be expected to win or at least perform exceptionally well. I think Pep has also earned the right to go out with a bang, even if he has decided not to sign on for longer. Plus, any manager who turns down our job on those grounds, probably isn't the right man in the first place

He'd only need to extend for a month at most. Can't see him missing out on that if he has decided to go, but still expect him to extend his contract anyway

He can't manage us in that Club World Cup if he's leaving after it. The season starts the week after. It would be insanity and massively unfair on his replacement.

Dont see if being Alonso personally as i think Viana will want Amiron in and he`s out of contract 2026 so can see Pep doing one more season to make it 10 and help Viana settle in.
Viana doesn't have the reputation to dictate who our next manager is. It will be a decision made in advance.

Every Portuguese manager has been hailed as the best big thing since Mourinho and they have all flopped.

We must avoid being wedded to another relationship like Txiki and Pep.

They came with an established success and pedigree.

Viana doesn't have the reputation to dictate who our next manager is. It will be a decision made in advance.

Every Portuguese manager has been hailed as the best big thing since Mourinho and they have all flopped.

I’d be very happy with Amorim or Alonso.

Inzaghi has done well at Inter too but rarely gets a mention. Quite attacking too.

Lots of Blues won’t like it but I wouldn’t mind Arteta either.

You think we would go with Alonso then mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.