Pep's contract situation

Tony Book would disagree with you.
Joe Royle too.
Brian Kidd another example.
Even Peter Reid turned us into a decent team just outside the top 4.
Vincent did a great job in the Championship, poor in Prem and is ripping it up now in Bundesliga sitting pretty at the top of the table and playing exciting football. He is now working with better players that can implement his style.
Point being is you don’t know if they’ll do a decent job or not.
What we do know is that whoever takes over from Pep will be provided with the players and finances to carry on the legacy he has built. If it is an ex-player that he knows, they would also have his support if needed.
Personally, I want a couple more yours of Pep and then some.
I didn’t say I wouldn’t take an ex player of course I would however the stipulation being if they were the best available
Those managers you mentioned were good for us clearly some better than others
For me it’s more important to get continuity in playing style
Re Kompany very poor in the Prem poor in Belgium not sure how he got the Munich job tbh
Possibly as a stop gap whilst they were waiting on Alonso or Klopp
Would I want him at City - not at the moment

When Pep goes every long term fan (not the social media gimps and tourists) will know a title every year or even a trophy will not be as guarented as the last 8 years have been and I don't believe many expect us to dominate as muchcas we have amd also not get like the rags, chelsea or arse if we take a season or two to readjust.

I dom't expect us to be top dogs every season after the Pep era, as long as we entertain, try our best and compete to the end then you canmot ask for more.

Trophies are always a bonus not a right

I would much prefer that Pep stays and his record speaks for itself….we certainly have been blessed.

However, I can’t say that at times he hasn’t frustrated me (as would any manager)…if unfortunately Pep goes I’m looking forward to maybe a younger manager who combines the best of Pep but who also gives more of a chance to some of the homegrown youngsters (McAtee, Bobb and I would loved Palmer to have stayed) and we have some brilliant youngsters in the youth teams.

I have no idea about idea about the Portuguese manager we are being linked to but trust in the management and look forward to a little refresh on the pitch that an influx of younger players can bring.

We are not going away….we can’t win the league every year but pretty sure we will always be in contention.

The future is bright… with or without Pep.

With a few players reaching a certain age and will need replacing I don’t think Pep would leave us in a certain situation where it’s not a smooth transition. You only have to look at whiskey nose to see what he left behind and the following manager was on a hiding to nothing. I know we are in the same place as them but Pep will leave us stronger when he decides to go. Sign that 2 year contract baldy mate.

Sign that 2 year contract baldy mate.

? Do we think it'll be that? Doubt it, myself. I could see a one-year contract being offered, which would suit both parties. That way, Pep will feel he's done his best to smooth the path to the transition. I also think he may feel he's got slightly unfinished business, with the new generation of Bobb, Rico, and maybe McAtee bedding in. Wouldn't matter to me if he did or didn't get us another trophy in that final season. It would be all about preparing the after-Pep as best everyone can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.