Pep's contract situation

Isn't Tuchel's deal 18 months? So it's almost certain the FA did speak to Pep, it's also almost certain that he'd have been offered the job if interested however given the fact Tuchel's deal is 18 months maybe he's indicated to the FA that he'll stay at City for another season after this one.

Just my own musings, not based on anything I've heard.

Re the next City manager, despite the current rancour almost certainly Arteta would be an option - whether he'd take it if still at Arsenal I don't know but if he wasn't at Arsenal he'd take it if offered.

Inzaghi at Inter would be an option, I'd rule out Amorim though - you don't go from Sporting to City without a step in between. Who I get a hunch City would target however would be someone like Nagelsman the Germany coach. He plays the right type of football, is still young but garners respect.

Ancelotti is maybe too old to take on a project like City for 5+ years.
After pep it’s gonna be tough to find a replacement that everyone’s happy with.
It’s almost certain we will have a dip in success because there’s nobody quite like him.
There’s no way arteta would take the city job from your lot he would get slaughtered.
Plus I think he’s arsenal through and through and we just couldn’t accept his shithousing
Style of play.
Whatever happens we city fans are humble enough to know we’ve had over a decade of fantastic success and will accept a period when we don’t always win unlike the cunts in Trafford.
Hopefully the best manager in the world extends for a little while longer sees us through this cartel induced shitstorm.

Maybe I’m overthinking things but I think it’s quite a complex set of circumstances with multiple factors at play which is why he hasn’t yet announced a decision:

There is the obvious- he has been with us 9 years which is a long time in anybody’s book. Is he feeling a little stale or are the players a little stale with him. The season is still very young to assess where his squad is.

Does he want a job where he can be closer to his wife?

The spine of the team that has won so much is ageing. In particular does he want to invest another 2-3 years in rebuilding the midfield with Kevin, Gundo, Bernie, Kova all over 30.

115. If he decides to go and announces before the outcome, what media shitstorm would rain down on him and the club?

A new director of football.

I think he will announce as late as possible and he will either leave or give us a further one year maximum to allow the new director of football to bed in. I do think this is the end game and we have been privileged to witness what he has achieved with us.

I think we will announce a 12 month extension as soon as the 115 clearance is announced.

To follow Pep in 2026, I’d love it to be Inzaghi.

Maybe I’m overthinking things but I think it’s quite a complex set of circumstances with multiple factors at play which is why he hasn’t yet announced a decision:

There is the obvious- he has been with us 9 years which is a long time in anybody’s book. Is he feeling a little stale or are the players a little stale with him. The season is still very young to assess where his squad is.

Does he want a job where he can be closer to his wife?

The spine of the team that has won so much is ageing. In particular does he want to invest another 2-3 years in rebuilding the midfield with Kevin, Gundo, Bernie, Kova all over 30.

115. If he decides to go and announces before the outcome, what media shitstorm would rain down on him and the club?

A new director of football.

I think he will announce as late as possible and he will either leave or give us a further one year maximum to allow the new director of football to bed in. I do think this is the end game and we have been privileged to witness what he has achieved with us.
What I don’t get with him not signing is what ever contract he signs,it would never be binding for him.If for some reason he wanted to leave before the contract was up he would be allowed to.His relationship with Mubarak and Mansour is so strong they would not hold him to any contract.I do wonder what us playing Sporting soon as some bearing on the scenario.

I'm going to make a very contraversial post so brace yourselves.

We're never going to find another Pep! There will never be the next Pep! He's one of a kind -- unique!

I am not sold on Amorin because of what happened at the Rags.. they thought they had the perfect club structure and brought in a new manager.. and guess what.. the players thought they knew more than the manager!! We all know how that went.

And if you want a contrast.. look at the dippers.. they had Shankly - Paisley - Fagan - Daglish - Souness?? The continuation of coach to assistant/ player was there.. and they had a successful transition.

I think Pep's successor has to be someone at City who's been there under him.. maybe Lillo/ Maresca or maybe a player who's ready to take the reins.. Gundogan/ Kompany or Bernardo or someone like that.. someone the team will respect

I don't want to end up like the rags thinking we have a good club that's able to weather everything and then the wrong manager arrives who has no respect in the dressing room.

Sheik Mansour if you're listening.. get Pep to extend 2 more decades please! :)
For me you don’t get an ex player or coach unless he is the best about and available
Kompany is not he has left Burnley in a mess the likes of Gundogan and Bernardo have never coached
The best available who plays the same system and style
The problem at Utd was they had an ageing squad and continually changed managers who different approaches
Pep hopefully resigns we will never have better
He has taken us to every possible trophy and transformed football in the country

What I don’t get with him not signing is what ever contract he signs,it would never be binding for him.If for some reason he wanted to leave before the contract was up he would be allowed to.His relationship with Mubarak and Mansour is so strong they would not hold him to any contract.I do wonder what us playing Sporting soon as some bearing on the scenario.
He should sign a three year extension that will keep the press quiet and help us attract players
With like you say the private understanding he can go when he likes

For me you don’t get an ex player or coach unless he is the best about and available
Kompany is not he has left Burnley in a mess the likes of Gundogan and Bernardo have never coached
The best available who plays the same system and style
The problem at Utd was they had an ageing squad and continually changed managers who different approaches
Pep hopefully resigns we will never have better
He has taken us to every possible trophy and transformed football in the country
Tony Book would disagree with you.
Joe Royle too.
Brian Kidd another example.
Even Peter Reid turned us into a decent team just outside the top 4.
Vincent did a great job in the Championship, poor in Prem and is ripping it up now in Bundesliga sitting pretty at the top of the table and playing exciting football. He is now working with better players that can implement his style.
Point being is you don’t know if they’ll do a decent job or not.
What we do know is that whoever takes over from Pep will be provided with the players and finances to carry on the legacy he has built. If it is an ex-player that he knows, they would also have his support if needed.
Personally, I want a couple more yours of Pep and then some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.