Pep's contract situation

My thoughts as well.
Isn't Tuchel's deal 18 months? So it's almost certain the FA did speak to Pep, it's also almost certain that he'd have been offered the job if interested however given the fact Tuchel's deal is 18 months maybe he's indicated to the FA that he'll stay at City for another season after this one.

Just my own musings, not based on anything I've heard.

Re the next City manager, despite the current rancour almost certainly Arteta would be an option - whether he'd take it if still at Arsenal I don't know but if he wasn't at Arsenal he'd take it if offered.

Inzaghi at Inter would be an option, I'd rule out Amorim though - you don't go from Sporting to City without a step in between. Who I get a hunch City would target however would be someone like Nagelsman the Germany coach. He plays the right type of football, is still young but garners respect.

Ancelotti is maybe too old to take on a project like City for 5+ years.

Whoever replaces Pep will have a really hard time - there could well be problems with the dressing room, the scouting network, intolerable pressure in the media, unreasonably high expectations from the fans etc etc

Far better to get someone in who’s expendable, someone who has no chance of succeeding, somebody totally out of their depth, a man totally unfit for purpose whose sole reason for being there is to act as a figurehead just to let a year or two pass by so the club can reset itself for life post Pep.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Erik Ten Hag
He'll still be on a 2 month stay of execution at the Rags by then due to the fact their fans will have turned against Radcliffe (who'd have thunk it that he wouldn't be able to polish a turd after all) and will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of their new owner Kim Jong-Un who will have promised to get the team back into shape. Despite his 'checkered' track record the average Rag fan on the street will be insistent that the Dear Leader is actually a top bloke with the money and the expertise to get the Rags back to the summit once again.

There would be something quite cathartic though about seeing Bruno Fernandes blown up by a mortar at half time for giving the ball away on the edge of his penalty box.

Listening to the press conference Pep would not elaborate on whether he spoke with the FA about the England job which makes me think that he did speak with them, otherwise he would have said there was no discussion.

Taking that into account Pep said that he would like to manage an International club at some point and so the FA would surely offered Pep the job if he was willing to take it now, which makes me think that another extension is likely.
Would we want sabbatical of an year after us.

Isn't Tuchel's deal 18 months? So it's almost certain the FA did speak to Pep, it's also almost certain that he'd have been offered the job if interested however given the fact Tuchel's deal is 18 months maybe he's indicated to the FA that he'll stay at City for another season after this one.

Just my own musings, not based on anything I've heard.

Re the next City manager, despite the current rancour almost certainly Arteta would be an option - whether he'd take it if still at Arsenal I don't know but if he wasn't at Arsenal he'd take it if offered.

Inzaghi at Inter would be an option, I'd rule out Amorim though - you don't go from Sporting to City without a step in between. Who I get a hunch City would target however would be someone like Nagelsman the Germany coach. He plays the right type of football, is still young but garners respect.

Ancelotti is maybe too old to take on a project like City for 5+ years.
Arteta can't be an option the line with him and his present club has been crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.