Pep's contract situation

I think Pep's thoughts and advice ought to be taken onboard but i think it would be a mistake to give him too much sway in the matter if his choice was was different to Viana's. Pep has thrived partly because he's Pep but also because the club built an entire eco system and back room staff within which he would thrive. The new manager will be working alongside the new sporting director and i think the new director should be given space to follow his own path.

I'd have thought Viana will have been brought in because his outlook and way of working is aligned with how City works anyway, so you'd hope there was a fair amount of agreement/continuity between the existing and incoming regime.
Viana and Amorim describe their relationship in exactly the same way that Pep and Txiki describe theirs. That bodes well and hints at Amorim to replace Pep.

Viana and Amorim describe their relationship in exactly the same way that Pep and Txiki describe theirs. That bodes well and hints at Amorim to replace Pep.

I think it's the right thing to do. Pep's a one off and trying to cling on to his legacy would be a mistake in my opinion. Liverpool seem to be transitioning ok post Klopp having started afresh. The absolute worst thing anyone could do is copy United's decade long mourning period post Ferguson.

I think it's the right thing to do. Pep's a one off and trying to cling on to his legacy would be a mistake in my opinion. Liverpool seem to be transitioning ok post Klopp having started afresh. The absolute worst thing anyone could do is copy United's decade long mourning period post Ferguson.

But surely there is no other club who are as inherently rancid and stupid as the rags ?

Every other club would outshine those cunts for progressive thinking.

But surely there is no other club who are as inherently rancid and stupid as the rags ?

Every other club would outshine those cunts for progressive thinking.
Totally agree. The Ferguson thing is very much an example of what happens when you take that course of action to its absolute extreme. Will never forget that interview that Ole gave as manager where he still referred to Ferguson as "The Gaffer" and wouldn't park in his parking space. Deeply embarrassing.

If Pep wants Alonso to follow him then thats what will happen imo, just hope we sort Wirtz then as well!
the question is how to secure alonso in 2026, do we tell him to stay in bayer for 1 more season, there been rumours he might leave next summer. i believe ancelotti is also likely leaving in 2026, prolly going to be a bid war for him.

sounds crazy, but i would try to take him next summer while he is available to be an assistant and then taking over next year.

the question is how to secure alonso in 2026, do we tell him to stay in bayer for 1 more season, there been rumours he might leave next summer. i believe ancelotti is also likely leaving in 2026, prolly going to be a bid war for him.

sounds crazy, but i would try to take him next summer while he is available to be an assistant and then taking over next year.

Why would the most sought after young manager in European football agree to become our assistant manager for a year?

Why would the most sought after young manager in European football agree to become our assistant manager for a year?
exactly, obviously he wouldn't, i'm just trying to find a way how to convince him. i meant not the typical assistant u would think of, something like jason tindall working along side howe. between choosing madrid and us don't think he will hesitate , maybe only if we will do all the work to secure him now i guess

Because he then get to manage at the most well run football club in the world , get 12 months watching first hand the greatest manager ever and hopefully post the legal battles have the breaks taken off regards to spending our own money

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.